Have you been to South Africa?

by LouBelle 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

If so how was your experience? Did you get out much and experience the real country? Did you get to mix with all the nationalities, cultures, if so what are your thoughts?

It is interesting to hear what visitors think.

• oompa
    oompa

not yet...are you still coming to the states dear or did i miss it already?....i know two young guys who went on the cheap and hiked and explored and loved it....and an older couple who stayed mostly down by the cape in all posh resorts....and they also loved it....so both extremes kinda..........oompa

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I have always wanted to go but people always put me off saying that South Africa is the rape capital of the world. One rape every 26 seconds or something. I do think Cape Town in particular would be beautiful to visit. It looks so lovely on all the documentaries.

• Newborn
    Newborn

No but I'd love to go sometime and perhaps meet you at the same time

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I have always wanted to go but people always put me off saying that South Africa is the rape capital of the world. One rape every 26 seconds or something. I do think Cape Town in particular would be beautiful to visit. It looks so lovely on all the documentaries.

Is this where the expression "Lie back and think of England" comes from?

Six- going straight to hell class.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I am actually leaving in a few days w/ my friends for a 10 day trip to South Africa. We will be in Cape Town for the beginning and then ending up at the Pilanesberg National Park. I think we have 4 game drives planned and I know that we are going to Robben Island and doing the zip-line in Sun City. Woo Hoo!

• dissed
    dissed

No, but the pictures seem quite nice.

We recently got a looksee into part of SA on our TV with the series 'Ladies Number One Detective Agency' Good series, I wonder how much of it was true?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ah Sweetface - are you just staying in the Mother City?

Hope yo uhave an absolute blast.

Durban happens to be the play ground of SA - and I'm here

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey oompa - no I haven't come to the states just yet and I've got a lot happening in the next bit so may only make it December 2010 (Got a family wedding in london in Augus)

• Casper
    Casper

Hi LouBelle,

No, I have never been out of the USA... I am afraid of flying and I refuse to be shark bait, so guess I am stuck here.

I do have a globe that sits on my desk, I look at it often and sometimes think of those here on the board and their locations...

Your country sounds amazing.

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit