Murder

by Farkel 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

When a person murders another person it is considered a horrible crime against humans. It is bad.

When a person murders several people over a period of time, it is called a serial crime and it is worse than a horrible crime against humans. It is really bad.

When a person murders millions of people, that person is called a "conquerer." It is good or bad depending if you were one of the ones murdered by him or not.

When a deity murders billions of people, in fact, the entire PLANT once in the past and if predicted properly by WT seers, TWICE in history real soon now(tm), He is worshiped and loved and called "merciful" and "just." It is GOOD!

Is it just me, or does this lead to some bizarre conclusion that the more murders take place by someone, the more they are loved? Or is it that humans who murder lots of people are evil savages but Bible-Gods who murder planets are "just?"

Explain. Bible-God certainly needs to explain. He's always around for the murdering part, but he's never around to explain why He did it.

Farkel

• dgp
    dgp

Farkel, I agree with you. God owes us an explanation.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Farkel, what resonates for me is the biggest question I have for the god of group theists: Can you please explain yourself?

I don't rule out a higher power, and spirituality is an important part of my life, my quest, et al. But as you say, these passages that are taken so seriously by bible followers don't speak well of "god".

The easy explanation is that god never murdered, man did in gods name, and man continues to scare man into submission by reminding us that "god" is ready to kill us all if we don't obey "gods" representatives.

• dinah
    dinah
    The easy explanation is that god never murdered, man did in gods name, and man continues to scare man into submission by reminding us that "god" is ready to kill us all if we don't obey "gods" representatives.

And there is the answer, Jeff. Religion gets people dead.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'man continues to scare man into submission'

So, how did a little band of jews manage to do this on the mighty nation of rome? Not targeting you, but going to the roots of the concept. I believe that the roman and greek gods were less murderous than the jewish god. Why switch?

S

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Satanus, at best it is an anthropological accident of history.....

• dinah
    dinah

Rome just wasn't paying attention?

• Farkel
    Farkel

satanus,

:So, how did a little band of jews manage to do this on the mighty nation of rome?

What did a little band of Jews do on the mighty nation of Rome?

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jeff,

:The easy explanation is that god never murdered, man did in gods name, and man continues to scare man into submission by reminding us that "god" is ready to kill us all if we don't obey "gods" representatives.

Of course, to say that, one has to admit that their Holy Book (which made all the murdering claims) goes right in the toilet where is was spawned in the first place. And without their Holy Book, they have no "authority." And with no authority, all their claims to it and rules from it are rubbish.

Farkel

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Farkel

I took Satanus to mean that by the time of the 4th century, the god of Rome became Jesus....

...unless I missed his meaning, to which, a further explanation would be nice....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit