Here at last, My JC letter. No response but heard thru the grapevine that I was DA'd anyways.

by Question_Mans_interpretation 28 Replies latest jw friends

• WheninDoubt
    WheninDoubt

So whose law is this 1st amendment right you speak of belong to? Reference Matthew 6:24. The same principle applies, when it comes to church. Christianity has many doctrines and builds upon different foundations. The context: “The Lamp of the Body” also Galatians 1:10

So the reference you made of Isaiah 2:4 Context: The Mountain of the lord is admirable if applied to one’s heart truthfully.

Once again, church and state are separate. If you wish to speak of international law, the U.N. then look at International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights

Adopted and opened for signature, ratification and accession by General Assembly resolution 2200A (XXI) of 16 December 1966 entry into force 23 March 1976, in accordance with Article 49

Attention to Article: PART II Article 2

Which all in this forum are guilty of and even the owner of this website. So how would proceed to sue, since this would also include religions such as the Mormons, Amish, and yes even the Catholics that excommunicate their unrepentant members, and break all ties or dealings with that person. Example, the butler that opened the Vatican scandal under Pope Francis, this person is not even allowed back into Vatican City.

• WheninDoubt
    WheninDoubt
    Correction: The butler under Pope Benedict even though the Pope Forgave him, but a different story under Pope Francis.
  • Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    I'm sorry Whenindoubt but you lost me after the first Scripture you referenced, I dont know what point you are trying to make, so correct if this is wrong. Because the USA has a separation of church and state the 1st amendment doesn't apply to situations, where someone is being shunned because they want to attend another church.
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Thank you for sharing Question_Mans_interpretation.

On this point of my journey I simply look at the "ruling religious clergy class" as irredeemable "blind fools" (bar a few individuals here and there).

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

As Jehovah's Witnesses we all thought we belonged to a loving organization that valued truth and justice. It's a bitter pill to swallow that none of these things are important to the them, they only care about quickly getting rid of any individual that they feel threatens them. They do not care about individuals, only about keeping people ignorant of their shameful history and practices. Truth does not matter, justice does not matter, individuals do not matter. It's a cult, that's,what they do.

It's a hard transition to make, losing your friends, family and way of life, but it does get easier. While you cannot replace family, you will make new friends and you will have a better life, free of the control of a heartless cult.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Now a days they don't even need an announcement at the Kingdum Hall. I posted on another post how someone in our family now has decided that my son is not a good associate due to a post he made on Facebook and my son was asked not to go to a family function. My son has being doing the slow fade for the last 15 years. We think we know who might have said something and if it is this person he is a f*ing hypocrite himself.
  • flipper
    flipper
    QUESTION_MANS_INTERPRETATION- Very good letter you wrote to the elders. Good job. I'm glad to hear that you and hubby have extracted yourself from this criminal organization. I wish you all the best. Treasure your freedom of mind
  • gone for good
    gone for good

Eden One -

Your quick mind and good research has saved me a great deal of work! I was wading through the EU human rights handbook and bogged down before i reached the very sussinct point on page 33.

I agree with your reasoning that the encouragement for others to discriminate is illegal.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

You should have nailed it to the door of the Kingdom Hall like Martin Luther!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit