Justice #22 - Legalism or Mercy? - THE END

by Amazing 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Thanks for sharing your story, Amazing. Will be adding it to my collection.

TR

"YK is my name, false prophecy is my game"

• bigboi
    bigboi
    The thing I find interesting in this story is the initiative some elders showed in moving against this brother (you) while down on his luck. That's thing that gets me. What makes someone so petty and evil? Spiteful even. Truly a hateful sort of behavior. I take issue with such individuals and suspect they are full fledged members of the LDC.

This was one of the main reasons I left the borg. It always seemed to me that the emotionally, mentally and even financially disadvantaged were always singled out. There would be this buzz about so and so and in a matter of a few months they'd either be disfellowshipped, reproved or they'd just leave.

Particularly, there was this sister with a drug problem. She would always comment, regular in service and did many things to make herself available and be helpful to others in the congregation. Well, evidently she slipped up along the way and they got rid of her. Just like that. I always wondered what happened to returning the love and support she showed. I never saw her again. I guess the shame of being cast out was just tooo much for her. I hope she got the help she needed elsewhere.

ONE....

bigboi

"it's like the one thing we all have in common is that we
    got played by a cult and a bunch of old men and no matter what it will
    always be a part of us no matter how much we distance ourselves from it"
    ~ Ghostquote

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• MissFit
    MissFit

Great post.