A Visitor At Work

by Cthulhu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Wow, so your boss allowed a customer to bring private business into the workplace? Shame on him or her. It is amazing when I think back to how we let jws cross the boundaries of common sense. People have to get past a security desk to walk in on me. They call me and ask about any visitors. I'd have no problem then or now having them tell them to call me at home or make an appointment to come over to the house (of course I have caller ID and will always be busy). I have had family call me at work, but again caller ID. I just listen to the message and then delete it, sometimes just after hearing who it is. But working at a place that waits on the public; that's hard.

I knew a sister who worked in a restaurant and she always switched with a non-jw workmate when jws sat in her area. At a store, I would just say that I had customers to wait on and anything personal had to wait and then walk over to a customer and start talking. If the jw wants to keep yelling at you...they're the fool.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I dare them to come to my work. I would gladly point out it is a private matter and it is completely inappropriate to show up at my work and demand an explanation when they have not spoken to me or even tried to make contact for 3 years. Everyone knows where I work.

I worked with two atheists [one leaning towards darker things] and an ex mennonite. The funniest thing happened when a brother came into the office [didn't recognise me] and he's like "Good morning ladies I think I have an article that may interest you. in all caps RAPE was accross the awake title. We politely declined, but thought it strange he would offer all of us a magazine on rape at our place of work like we were talking about the problem of internet spam or something. The poor guy is the only one to try us for business territory in 4 years lol.

If anyone tried to embarass me on the level that some of you have been, now [as opposed to when I was in because then I put up with too much] I would not put up with it at all. My own sister has come into my work and told me my hair is wrong and other things arent to her standard [I work a messy job and my uniform is spotless] in front of all my co workers. I simply said "If you would like to come into my workplace for the purpose of berating me or correcting what you perceive is amiss, please don't come back". I'm in my mid twnties and have good hygeine.

Just remember. You [apply it to yourself anyone, if it does] don't have to answer to them. If they are being rude by showing up at your workplace, they are harassing you. They only have to come in once. It wouldn't be a legal definition, but they are unwelcome and not there for real business reasons [tell your boss that it happens and youll want to leave or get from that spot if they are cool with you]. Even if they show up at your house or randomly jump you, you still don't owe anyone an answer. Just tell them its private or it isnt appropriate to speak about at the moment and get out of there. I always used to think I had to answer to people be it my sister or other people in the hall I met. They dont reallly care, its just so they can mark you off a sheet or give you a technical term such as DF DA or weak. The less you say, the less they have to work with.

[I'm trying to grow balls, these things have helped]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit