Rebuilding lives - How?

by KingAgag 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KingAgag
    KingAgag

In a recent thread by Mr. Flipper, he encouraged people like myself - out (although not officially) of the cult, and young enough to live our dreams. 'Get an education' etc. Well, I'd love to, excet I am in a dead end job with no satisfaction because I don't have further education. It also means I don't have money to go to college/university even if I didn't have a wife and baby to support. It is my biggest regret in life. I love learning. So, what can I do? Am I stuck in a dead end job the rest of my life - which I hope will be at least 50 more years - because of the WTBS? I try to be content with my job but this just eats away at me every day. I am also not in a country like the US where college might be easier to go to. King Agag

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Have you thought about distance education? Many Universities offer study online, at your own pace. You could still work and just do your assignments and exams by distance.

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome, KingAgag.

Do you still go to meetings? If so, you could scrap the meetings and spend that time doing short courses or distance education. Is that an option in your area?

penny

• AlexHall
    AlexHall

The last thing that leaves humanity is hope. There is always hope. Tomorrow is another day.

Try learning on your own. Borrow books, buy voice-tapes and listen to when going to and from work, try to educate yourself by trial and error. Learn a new language and broaden the possible job-oppertunities. Putting blame on the wtbs is probably true, but you now have your life in your own hands. An open mind will lead you to new possibilities.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Things don't change overnight. First of all, you obviously have access to a computer and internet. You may be able to start taking courses that way. Second of all, people with no money often find free ways to get education or some program (both government and private businesses) that helps pay for it.

Baby steps are to be taken until things get going. Start looking and you might be able to do something. I don't offer more because it has not been my path. You could also marry a rich woman, or at least a woman able to help you change your work situation. There are always things that happen in life. I finally made enough money to put my wife through college.

• KingAgag
    KingAgag

Wantstoleave - Yes I could probably do that, I would need to save up some cash first but that's a good goal. Penny2 - No, I don't go to the meetings. Its a god idea to use that time learning. I do try to learn whenever I can in my time. AlexHall - Yep, great idea and something I try to do. I am trying to learn a language now. OnTheWayOut - I'm already married and I wouldn't marry only for riches anyway. Baby steps... Yes, I need to be more patient I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit