the wt 1989

by Adrianoblue 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Ah, it's nice to see those again. That's my mother's underlining. It has a kind of sentimental value for me.

I still recall the day we covered that article at the meeting. As usual, I hadn't prepared the watchtower so it was my first time seeing the statement. I thought that it was quite a statement, and that I'd file it away for future reference. If it turned out to be false I intended to leave the JWs. Unfortunately we used to throw out our magazines and keep the bound volumes.

Fast forward to 2000. I remembered the article, searched the bound volumes and CD and found nothing. I thought I was becoming delusional. Then, in 2003 I saw a reference to the article but no scan. I remembered my mother never got the bound volumes. She kept all her original magazines, so I went to her place and found that one. I kept it, took it home, scanned it and posted it. I don't have it any more. I sent it to another poster on this board.

For me that was the final nail in the watchtower coffin.

W

• KW13
    KW13

yes, but not in the bound volume edition. it speaks about the ministry being completed in the 20th century. Add this logic to Matt 24:14 and voila.

the crafty trouts changed it in the bound volume from 20th century to 'in our day'

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Awake Nov.1986 pg. 78 "for the year 2000, I see a world transformed into a Paradise but I don't think the present world or rulers will live to see it. We are living in the last days." The Nations shall know I am Jehovah-1971 page 216 "Within our 20th century the battle in the day of Jehovah will begin with Christendom."

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Check out this thread too: 1975 coverup! Compare the '68 and '81 Truth book scans 2 3 4

By the way, Black Sheep, do you have the original '89 WT? Wish I did.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was sure I did, but when I went through our box looking for it, it was the only issue that year that was missing.

I had also sighted our copy of the embarrassing 1974 OKM, but when I looked again, everything prior to 1975 was missing.

I bet my wife knows why I can't find them.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    By the way, Black Sheep, do you have the original '89 WT? Wish I did.

I scanned the copy that's posted on this thread. I sent the original to Ninja about 2 years ago, so he may still have it.

W

• ninja
    ninja

yeah....FF kindly sent me his copy.........

which I can sell to the highest bidder.........bids start at £100.....Ithankyou............

apply to ninj-bay

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit