WEIRD TALKS BY DOs

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

what weird talks did tthey give?

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

badboy - no stranger really than elders and cos at least, that was the ones i heard.

i really don't get your questions...

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

The latest one I heard, was about:

"Jehovah gave us a gift - free evening instead of a bookstudy... But it is not up on you to decide what to do with that gift ... Jehovah has to tell you ... and he wants you to use it for family worship... "

Then he described, how he checked on some brothers from his group on first "free" evening and called them - and imagine: They were not having family worship!!!

Albert

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a bet a lot of jumped up CO's/DO's were banging on about this so called free evening, well do they have kids and families to support ? put food on their plates? provide for? like hell do they, they should be ashamed of themselves putting the R&F under some sort of guilt trip

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I remember one DO (Bill Whitehead) gave a talk at a CA once - can't remember the theme but I do remember it was a ranting and raving type of talk, something along the lines of the staying faithful/enduring/doing more thing. Anyway during it he said basically don't worry about it if you or one of your loved ones has a terminal illness. So what you if you die - it's like getting into the new system via the underground.

Even though at the time I was still a 100% committed JW I thought that was very wrong.

Hopscotch

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah gave us a free evening as a "gift(??)"? I don't think so--He took two evenings and a Sunday morning or afternoon, plus the whole weekend, and then "returns" one evening and calls it a gift? Then He has the nerve to order us to use it for Him?

OK, now I will throw it back in Jehovah's face. As Jehovah wants me to be forever celibate, I should treat that like a "gift" and demand that He use the whole value of that "gift" on my wants--by giving me the opposite sex without any strings attached. (And finding a way around the "problems" that it would cause--perhaps by suspending other men's lives by 25 years or so, when the daughters (no sons) that would result start coming of age). And, if He is found using it any other way, I should classify that as "stealing", just as Jehovah classifies it as stealing if we don't use Family Waste the Evening night on Jehovah.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

with girfts like those, I would rather have nada

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

One I recall by a DO was that Star Wars was an insult to Jehovah's creation. Another went on this rant about weddings. He described his "ideal" wedding which was in a KH and then to one of the friend's house. The entertainment was sisters singing kingdom melodies, and the food was provided by the friends. Apparently anything beyond this was excess

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

About 20 years ago, a Circuit Overseer gave a talk one Thursday night on sex demons. It was really strange. I still to this day do not understand what the purpose of that talk was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit