Are you running on empty?

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Ever feel as if you've no more to give?

CC

• wobble
    wobble

I did in the final years I spent as a Dub, and I gradually did less and less in the Congo. and Circuit.

Now I am free. I feel I have a lot to give,and say "Here am I send me !"

Kindest regards,

Wobble

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

You're not referring to the talk from the annual meeting are you?

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Is everything alright Co Co?

Yes I have been 'empty' quite a few times. I think there are some of us who feel compelled to give of ourselves all the time until there is no more left to give.

Hopscotch

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Wobble, Jabber and Hopscotch, for you prompt replies!

Am OK - thanks! Just wondering since we're all at different points ... [Jabber - waiting to get my personal report from some who went].

CoCo

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Yes, constantly

• stillin
    stillin

it seems like what we give comes from some huge reservoir that is only available under the right circumstances, but anybody who has ever "given" knows that the gift wasn't only from themselves but from that reservoir.

These days, during my fade, I'm looking for ways to "give" to replace my efforts in the field ministry. I really did try to bring something good to people that way...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, wants and stilli:

Seems constantly, doesn't it? Get the point, too, about replacing the ministry with some equivalent in order to continue helping people. Francis of Assisi said that joy derives from humility and service to one's fellowman.

We still wanna help ...

CoCo

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear CoCo,

Please read my reply to the post you sent yesterday and judge if you are giving or not... Two little persons will definitely see a difference today thanks to you.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, dear goldensky, I did!

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I looked up the word ember, which I used somewhere else in this connection. It is also defined as slowly cooling emotions, memories, ideas or responses that remain capable of becoming enlivened. I often feel empty - as on Sunday last - but those embers became enlivened.

Your words means much to me!

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit