Why Do Kingdom Halls Have no Windows?

by foolsparadise 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Pyramids don't have windows.

Watchtowers don't have windows. (But some have very tiny windows near the top.)

No windows should give you a clue that you are in a church jail.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Congregations I attended in my childhood (Menlo Park, Madera, & Belmont Ca) all had windows. They were older halls. Halls and convention halls that I attended built in the late 70's and 80's (San Carlos (Redwood City), Madera (kingdom hall and convention hall on same lot), Fremont (convention hall)) no windows. Even went to a quick build of a hall in Fresno (around 84 or 85) that hall has no windows.

I've seen halls in Indiana, Ohio, California, and driving through Missouri (from the highway) and the halls that I've seen have no windows. And all those halls, except for the ones in Ohio (they were in the hood) were in pretty nice neighborhoods.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

#1: So no one Jumps!..

How many times..

Can you listen to the same Dam thing..

Over and over?

#2:To drive A Kingdom Hall..

Full of Window Washers..

Cleaning WindowsCleaning WindowsCleaning WindowsCleaning WindowsCleaning WindowsCleaning WindowsCleaning Windows

Hammer Head CRAZY!! Hammer Head

................. ...OUTLAW

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

A few I had attended had windows that were regularly broken out by vandals or apostates. So when remodels come around, the windows were removed and the openings were bricked up. Both of the halls noted were in very rural areas.

• blondie
    blondie

Around here when HVAC came in, windows started disappearing in some KHs. There is the issue of the construction cost of putting windows. But there is no official directive or unofficial that I ever saw not to install windows. As jws and even now some of us have a narrow global view. What a tool Google can be. There are many more pics of KHs with windows.

3/13/09

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Warren Road, Woodingdean, City of Brighton and Hove, England

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You can't look out a window that isn't there.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Some halls do and most built in the late 70's and 80's don't. I just googled the convention hall in Madera ca, it's at 2799 Sunset Avenue and that assembly hall is so stark, not a window to be seen. You can only seen the front from the street but that's how the building looks all the way round. Oh and there's a kingdom hall just to the right of the assembly hall, the same only in minature.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=2799+sunset+avenue+madera+ca&fb=1&gl=us&hnear=2799+sunset+avenue+madera+ca&cid=0,0,11345349891978203935&ei=9zzmSp-bBYGesgOYsZm6Aw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQnwIwAA

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

So you can't get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit