His Silence Says it All

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, dear friends:

The day is bright and beautiful, yet I'm traveling to a space somewhere inward. I dropped the broom while sweeping leaves on deck and hastened slowly to put my old and fading man's introspection to paper. The layout is 6-7-7-6:

Mute the old man may be, In silence he says it all. Smiles he gives to passersby, A shy wave from his claw. Broken frame, crooked spine, Say "I have been there, done that." Handsome then and strapping ... tall.... Youth has fled, not his joy. No wish to talk, tell all What paths he's trod the world o'er Names to drop from lips now stilled. His silence says it all.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Aw, Honey... a poignant thing, and lovely. Bittersweet. I won't go on about my own feelings of seeing this old woman in the mirror.

Love,
    Baba.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Baba:

I understand - truly, deeply. The fire within continues to burn, but now it's embers ...

Much love,

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Also, his silence reminds me of a thread I started sometime back about the silence of Mystics. In this case, his silence is from Wisdom and Experience.

It is odd, is it not... it seems the more one knows, the less one has words to tell it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning CoCo!..

You do know how to paint a picture with words..

And..

It scares the shit out of me!..LOL!!

Makeing a note to myself:

"Get to the gym more often"..

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear Baba and OUTLAW:

Love,

CoCo

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

*silently reflecting*

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings SPAZnik:

I hope that it has been a good reflection ...

CoCo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Compound complex, try some DHEA.

villabolo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, villabolo, for that recommendation. I'll look into it. Fortunately for me, the description above of the old codger is purely metaphoric in its application. My health is robust!

With gratitude for your concern,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit