Coded Phone number for Kingdom Hall attendence.

by Joshnaz 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    wonder why the IT people in that hall do not stream the audio on the net

Because the little old ladies who cannot make the meeting do not have the net, or computers....

My wife's congo does the telephone thing..It is supposed to be strictly limited to the "shut ins" who really cannot make it. If too many log on, the last ones cannot cannot get through.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Interesting....

In my old hall, the telephone tie-in consisted of a speaker, a twisted wire coat hanger, and a telephone. When the shut-in called the hall to listen in, I would hang the phone receiver over the coat hanger so it dangled right next to the speaker - just close enough to let the shut-in listen at home.

Kingdom Hall? IT Department? Those two phrases don't belong in the same sentence...

• watson
    watson
    provided by a company by the name of KHConf

A sub corp of WTS?

• curiousc
    curiousc

I have never been a witness nor been to any witness event / meeting etc. I used the above information to "see" what it was like - my impressions were "woah, it sounds like everyone is reading from a script." Nonetheless I wanted to check it out again, but the above mentioned code has now been changed. Does anyone else have phone number and code for the meetings so I can continue my "experience."

Thanks.

-C

• blondie
    blondie

I had such a number and I always put zero.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Question Box, OKM, November 2009

Excerpt from Paragraph 1

"Hence, the elders overseeing such an arrangement would want to organize and monitor its use so that "all things take place decently and by arrangement." "

Excerpt from Paragraph 2

"Elders will see to it that priority is given to publishers in their congregation with chronic illness or infirmity or who are otherwise shut-in."

IMO, if the elders think that "non-legitimate" users are listening in, they'll change the PIN.

I remember a fellow elder mentioning to me after an elder's meeting that "the apostates might be listening in". My reply was along these lines: "Why is that a concern? The meetings are open for apostates to attend as long as they're not being disruptive, right?"

He replied something along the lines of "Well, why should we make it any easier for them to access the information and then twist it for their own purposes?"

I suppose he had a valid point if you view it as "spiritual warfare".

om

• Gayle
    Gayle

Do they use this for memorial talks? Would that facility hike up the "attenders" numbers higher than normal?

• smithmandy1
    smithmandy1

ive tried this pin and it does work. is there a new one? lol. does anyone have the login for an english cong? if you have can you email it to smith.mandy23 "at" gmail dot com?

• biometrics
    biometrics

When I started fading, the brothers noticed my absence and thought I wasn't well. So they gave me the local KH's dial in number to my wife. I think my wife used it once on speaker phone.

• oppostate
    oppostate

the pin numbers from KHCONF are usually the area code followed by three more numbers.

There's an administrator pin that establishes the conference.

There's also an attendant pin that gives you the total number of listeners.

Then there's two other pins, one for listening only and one for listening and commenting.

If they change the listening pin they usually don't change the other pins.

It may take some time and repeated dialing, but you could guess at the last three numbers after the area code and get in on the conference with luck.

The local administrator of the account can log into https://report.khconf.com/

and see who called in and for how long. If they see any strange numbers, like

numbers outside the area code they'll try to do a reverse look up to see who the

phone belongs to, and if they can't find out they will discuss the need to change

the pin number, then publishers who want to listen in have to call the Coordinator

for the new pin before the meeting. That's the standard procedure locally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit