Don't Know How To Tell Your Parents? Here's a Video...

by Tuesday 13 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well you were brighter than me. At 14 years old I was lapping it all up, 1914 and all.

The path you chose doesn't sound easy but I think it was for the best. Thanks for sharing it.

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Wow, I am impressed with the mature way you handled your situation when you were so young, and I admire you very much. Your videos were very well done, I think, because you are very articulate and you expressed yourself so well. Was it ever hard to be so diplomatic with your parents about everything? I don't know if I could have stood going into a Kingdom Hall once I no longer believed in the Witnesses' religion. The idea of going into a Kingdom Hall almost makes me feel sick - - all those toxic teachings. What precisely led you to be an atheist? Also, when you called Jeptha's daughter a 'bitch', why did you refer to her with that term? It's such a derogatory word, and I can't see what she did to deserve being called that. She seemed like the quintessential dutiful daughter, no matter what her fate might be. So sad. Anyway, I think you did your videos very well - - hope you do more.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Wow, I am impressed with the mature way you handled your situation when you were so young, and I admire you very much. Your videos were very well done, I think, because you are very articulate and you expressed yourself so well. Was it ever hard to be so diplomatic with your parents about everything? I don't know if I could have stood going into a Kingdom Hall once I no longer believed in the Witnesses' religion. The idea of going into a Kingdom Hall almost makes me feel sick - - all those toxic teachings. What precisely led you to be an atheist? Also, when you called Jeptha's daughter a 'bitch', why did you refer to her with that term? It's such a derogatory word, and I can't see what she did to deserve being called that. She seemed like the quintessential dutiful daughter, no matter what her fate might be. So sad. Anyway, I think you did your videos very well - - hope you do more.

It was very hard at points to not just scream what I knew during studies. I really just answered directly from the paragraph with very little feeling when I was studying. Those years attending the meetings, not saying anything to anyone and when people left that I was close with not running to them and telling them my doubts were without a shadow of a doubt the hardest time of my life. Alot of people talk about how they'd love to re-live their teenage years because it was the most fun they had in their life, for me I wouldn't go back to that time for any amount of money. It felt like my soul was being sucked out.

What lead me to be an atheist was just the continuation of questioning things. Once I started questioning JW doctrine it wasn't long before I was questioning the bible itself. The biggest thing that pretty much turned a corner was when the burden of proof was to disprove that a God exists the only bastion of believing in God is first cause. How life got here, how humans got here, creation of humans are all answered. The only thing that isn't is first cause. However when I shifted the burden of proof to proving their WAS a God there was literally nothing put in front of me AT ALL.

For the Jepthah's daughter there, that's really just a nod to my generation. It's really just an expression based in hip-hop. Which I'm not even really a fan of but I thought it sounded funny. Kind of Chris Rock-ish in nature. I didn't think it was very offensive when I said it but I apologize if I did offend you.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Tuesday,

You do such a wonderful job of laying out the facts in a non-aggresive/non-threatening manner......thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit