Another Year Gone By.....

by Sunspot 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

After 30 long, sad, disappointing and frustrating years in the WTS, I wrote my letter of disassociation on October 11,1999. I had been reading the posts on the old H2O forum for a year, and had discovered, to my horror, how cleverly and how badly I had been duped and deceived by this organization. It took a year of research and indecision to come to the conclusion that I would be far better off without the delusional leaders telling how to take every step in my life.

I had a few awful months of feeling very lost and quite alone, but with time, more research and common sense prevailing, I began to breathe again. Thankfully, I never lost my faith in Jesus, and that faith grew, blossomed and flourished as I began to know who he really was. I have been richly blessed and grow in faith every day.

If anyone has serious doubts about leaving the cult, I can assure you that life does get better and better, despite the WTS accusing you of every filthy sin they can think up to nail you with.....and convincing all their followers that you are pondscum. You are BETTER than the sneaky and controlling men who run the WTS....so hold up your head and get on with your life the way YOU wish to lead it!

I am eagerly looking forward to ANOTHER 10 years "out of the cult" while learning all sorts of new things, and making new friends because I LIKE them!

hugs,

Annie

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Annie,

Great read!

More blessings in Christ :)

Stephen

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks so much Stephen....I gave my heart and my life over to Christ a few years after leaving the WTS and he has blessed me in countless ways.

hugs,

Annie

• Opus92
    Opus92

Congratualtions, Annie! I'm glad to hear your success story. :)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Congratulations on your first 10 years of freedom!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thank you Leavingwt....it feels terrific!

hugs,

Annie

• snowbird
    snowbird

Congratulations and hugs back to you.

I've given my life to Jesus Christ, also.

It felt so good to lay down my burden.

Sylvia

• Heaven
    Heaven

Snoopy Happy Dance Great thread, Annie. And congratulations!

So the WTS is basically telling all their followers that their teachings are useless outside of the organization because you will become 'pondscum' if you leave. Uuuhhh.... pardon? Isn't that where the teachings should be of most value and use? Guess not. Never understood their logic... never will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit