Anyone here have Bi-Polar II?

by daniel-p 11 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I wanted to see if there were some people on here with this disorder, and what kind of symptoms you have/had, so any input is welcome.

I have some symptoms that, from what I have read, sound very similar, but I have never been one to go seeking out diagnoses for myself and am very wary of the pitfalls associated with that.

In any case, I'd be interested to hear from others about this....

• Satanus
    Satanus

I had bipolar v3.25. Upgraded a few times. Finally, got tired and stopped it. Heheh. Bipolar II? Seriously? Not larffing at bipolar, bipolar 2 a new thing, for me.

S

• caliber
    caliber

I thought this may be heplful..

The key difference between bipolar 1 and bipolar 2 is that bipolar 2 has hypomanic but not manic episodes, meaning the symptoms of mania are generally less severe in type 2. Also, while those with bipolar I disorder may experience additional psychotic symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations, bipolar II by definition cannot have psychotic features.

The signs which would lead to a diagnosis of bipolar 2 disorder are:

• One or more major depressive episodes
    • At least one hypomanic episode
    • There has never been a manic or mixed episode
    • Another disorder is not responsible for symptoms
    • Symptoms cause distress or impair functioning

Symptoms and characteristics of depression include:

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I had bipolar v3.25. Upgraded a few times. Finally, got tired and stopped it. Heheh. Bipolar II? Seriously? Not larffing at bipolar, bipolar 2 a new thing, for me.

From WebMD: "However, in bipolar II disorder, the "up" moods never reach full-on mania. The less-intense elevated moods in bipolar II disorder are called hypomanic episodes, or hypomania."

• Satanus
    Satanus

I see. My past depression was not bipolar. Now, i sometimes get feeling hypergood, mind racing w positive thoughts. Not sure if that would be the same as what you are talking about. Anyways, i realize that they are just thoughts, and so i do a meditation technique to detach from them, and my mind resets to a more calm state. Feeling too high or too low is not a natural state.

S

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

You should check out the website called NAMI-National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. They are the best resource for that information.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It's associated with being a reptilian ;-) j/k homey. I too have polarish symptoms ... sucks.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I think a lot of times they give the wrong diagnosis and confuse Bipolar with PTSD and I am pretty sure that a lot of JWs especially Ex-JWs have PTSD.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I know quite a few in our hall who are "Bi-Polar-Rollers" - the fakers who have to leave after the public talk, sit out in the hallway with a heard of hugging sisters, they leave just before TMS and miss many meetings. Add to that they have to eat like pigs in FS (yes, I have had to stop at McD for some bloated faker to gorge on a couple of Big Macs because her "BP was acting up" stupid me thought it meant blood pressure) They get pissed off at you for no reason and blame their Bi-Polar.

Sadly, those who genuinely suffer from it never broadcast the fact and quitely go about their lives - of the 3 - 4 we have there is one geniuine Bi-Polar and this sister is a gem - we would help her out in a heart beat.

• blondie
    blondie

Two good sites mentioned here:

www.about.com/bipolar

They have support forums and newsletters

www.nami.org

Will direct you to in-person support groups as well as publications.

Just a caution, don't diagnose yourself or have other people on this board or in support groups diagnose you. Stick with a trained, qualified psychiatrist and perhaps a therapist as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit