"The Day The Music Died"

by Farkel 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cellomould
    cellomould

Farkel,

thanks ... I was hoping you'd spill the beans soon.
    Yeah, it sure was a long time ago that the music died, in that case.

Can you think of a commercial (TV) that has no music?

there was one here in the US recently...

It struck me especially because I was only listening to the TV from the other room. But I forget now who made it. Sorry.

We are such simpletons, aren't we? Buying things because we heard 'jingle bells'!

Cool post!

Cellomoneyman

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• Kismet
    Kismet

I used to be of the Buddy Holly camp as well. Interesting thread Fark.

One of the things that did jump out at me however during the thread (which is what I thought your point was - duh as if I could know the mind of a farkel.. smirk).... was that anything can be open to interpretation and be used to match whatever position/supposition one may be predisposed to wanting to believe.

Only the one's who wrote the words knows their meaning yet so many people want to apply it to their situation... kinda like the Bible

Kismet

• dedalus
    dedalus

"The day the music died" is a prophecy: it refers to the day Madonna did a cover of the song.

Dedalus

• Englishman
    Englishman

Dedalus,

You mean when Madonna destroyed it, right?

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• seven006
    seven006

Fark,

It's a gift.

I was just mess'n with ya.

Dave

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

The "jester" is Mick Jagger.
    Rex

• Farkel
    Farkel

Kismet,

: ...as if I could know the mind of a farkel

Can you spare about 1 and 1/2 minutes?

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• AGuest
    AGuest

What a 'cool' thread. I love you guys.... yeah, even you, Rex... and most certainly you, Daddy-O, and ALL 1-1/2 minutes of your great 'mind'. Dave, you are a crack up! DannyBearMan... well, you know how I 'feel'.

PEACE TO YOU!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I'm listening right now to American pie.
    And I'm sure the day the music the music died is refurring to the death of Buddy Holly,.. and the music that came out of him died.
    And he had to deliver the newspaper that had the front page news of his death.
    And then he mentions things that transpired in the ten years after that day, that Buddy had a hand in bringing about.
    He must have been very depressed about his death.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Farkel
    Farkel

: And I'm sure the day the music the music died is refurring to the death of Buddy Holly,.. and the music that came out of him died.

Should I write Don McClean and tell him you said he doesn't know what he meant when he wrote that song, then?

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit