stupid hypocritical thinking

by wantarevolution 4 Replies latest jw friends

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

So with the watchtower on Sunday, and the nÂș3 talk last night - it got me thinking.

Both the watchtower and by default the talk last night spoke about how "christians" view life on earth as transitory, and waiting for their reward in heaven. The tone was "how stupid are they".

Then it hit me - aren't witnesses doing the exact same thing? Life in this system is transitory, we aren't to get too attached to things, but put off education/family/fun things until the "real life" in the paradise comes, then we can do whatever we want. For instance at the district assembly this year, a girl whom i've known since i was a child gets up on the platform with her "experiece". She went to art school, lived away from home and went a bit "wild" - moved here and started to regular pioneer - now she doesn't even paint or do photography, as it would distract her from her pioneering. She can paint all she wants in the new system.

How depressing! The feeling that you have to put EVERYTHING off, until the new system comes.

Glad i'm on the way out - and taking of advantage of the life I have now.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Yeah that's so sad, poor people...JWs are not aloud to have any fun...

I'm so glad you've seen the light and are on your way out!!! You will feel more happy and free than you've ever done

Hugs

Newborn

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Many religions have a similar view, a view that devalues life. New age religions and eastern religions do that too.

Want 72 virgins? Blow yourself up in a market place. Want everlasting life? Let your child die for want of medical treatment.

• inbetween
    inbetween

exactly, 2 weeks ago during WT I gave the comment, saying how religion used this hope of going to heaven to suppress the people, so they dont question their lot in life and the position of the powerful men in church and state....

inside I hoped some would apply it to the WTS, "remain loyal to us, and we give you paradise earth...and dont you question our authority.."

• cantleave
    cantleave

You got it!! Waste your life whilst waiting for a better future. I wish I realised this when I was a kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit