Is it better to be correct and silent,

by John Doe 26 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

or incorrect and vocal?

• maninthemiddle
  • Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I love your reply, ManInTheMiddle. It's as if your avatar was made precisely for your answer to John's question.

As for me, JD, I suppose I've flip-flopped. In 1977 when I left the borg, I had no inkling that a fading option had some merit. If I had it to do over I may have remained silent (to the elders and wife) in order to preserve a relationship with my children.

Len

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Both actually. You can also be correct and loud, as well as wrong and silent.

• villabolo
    villabolo

John Doe, are you referring to the JWs or the world in general?

villabolo

• trueblue
    trueblue

I have never met my grandfather but my mother says that he use to say his wife does enough talking for the bothe of them, and

"If you don't talk people think that you are stupid, and if you do talk then they know that you are stupid."

Growing up in my home town, and also being around JWs I understand the meaning of walk silently and carry a big stick.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    "If you don't talk people think that you are stupid, and if you do talk then they know that you are stupid."

And if you don't open your mouth and reveal your error, you'll never be corrected.

• asilentone
    asilentone

you have been wrong and silent. (see my post 2912)

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I just have to learn to use my brain before I open my mouth at times........ Hammer Head

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Both actually. You can also be correct and loud, as well as wrong and silent.

That wasn't my question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit