Do you think ex Jehovah's Witnesses make better people?

by kriptonian7 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parakeet
    parakeet

kriptonian7: Wow its like kicking an ant pile in this forum.

Get used to it if you want to hang around. And this is nothing -- start posting on political threads and watch. They'll shred you like a head of lettuce.

If you take the time to read some of the archived posts, you'll find that most exdubs, even those lucky enough to break away cleanly, bear deep emotional scars from the trauma of having been in the WTS cult. Many have close family members -- parents, children, spouses -- that are still dubs, and the exdub must live a precarious existence to keep from being shunned by them. Almost every day, you can hear the anguish in their posts as they ask how to deal with their dub relatives without the elders tossing them out the door. This misery does not make one a stronger person; it just makes them miserable.

If you ask members here if they would rather not have ever become involved with the WTS (despite all the advantages you listed), I believe the overwhelming majority will say YES.

• moshe
    moshe

JW's are not used to facing criticism- as long as they tow the party line and speak the right lingo all is well with them. If someone out in service puts them on the spot, they just walk away- Ex-JWs will face some new criticisms in life, it's not a bad thing. It's good for us to have our ideas thrashed and tested. I was just looking at a 1924 WT book and a chapter started out, "If Adam was perfect---" and then they proceeded into a long discourse based on the notion that Adam was created perfect, but now is being treated as a FACT. They should have established the facts about Adam first, but that is not the way the WT operates- but here on this forum all speculation is out in the open and tested by fire and steel!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

not better people but if they have experienced things then they could be understanding,which could well make them a good friend for any who are going through similar trials.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

People are people and doesn't matter what religion or not - and exjw or jw doesn't make a difference IMO. Not so good JWs put on a show when around other JWs and similar personality exjw is still not any better but doesn't have to fake it.

1. Having bible knowledge doesn't mean accurate knowledge since many things can be interpreted in many ways but only thing you possess is that you have more power to support your belief even though you may be wrong.

2. I think I knew several elders that didn't have people skills but enjoyed their position. People outside of wts have people skills so what?

3. Most active religious people are so called caring and it's not like wts makes people better, as most religious people tend to be. As for a little misguided? JWs are totally misguided as most of what wts is pure nonsense. WTS teaches their flock to be as dumb as possible in both their own religious history as well as in "worldly" education. WTS decieves their flock in believing that they will have the whole world by just following the teachings of the gb, doesn't get more misguided than that!

4. I don't know about you but how many witnesses do you know that can sit down and question and reason their own teachings? Most are taught that they know the best way while all others are wrong so most likely you have ability at fault finding in others other than yourself. The WTS way.

5. exjw also could vary in nature. There are those of us who learned the truth about the cult and we move on but there are thousands of exjw who still have the wts belief in their heads and think that any day now they will get destroyed. Many of these people have screwed up outlook on life, these ones may view themselves unworthy and may do stupid things general people may not do.

I think what you're realizing is that there is a life outside of wts that is normal and is not as evil as wts potrays it. You'll see many good qualities in people that are on par and/or better than jws and they had no wts programming and can relate to real world in a better way than many within the wts grasp.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit