Jehovah cult kicked me out - but not the man who raped me,' victim claims

by defender of truth 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Can I just add.. The brothers and sisters in that congregation will not know they have a serial abuser working along with them in the ministry.

• flipper
    flipper

It's disgusting. Karen in this report will NEVER " get an apology " from the elders - the same way the WT leaders of the WT Society will NEVER apologize to the thousands of child abuse victims due to WT leaders allowing pedophiles to roam free in their organization.

As you said Defender of Truth , " Nobody in that congregation will know that they have a serial abuser sitting next to them. " And also, " The brothers and sisters in that congregation will not know they have a serial abuser working along with them in the ministry. " And THAT FACT in my opinion is one of the most dangerous tipping points of this concerning WT Society leaders ignoring the dangers that they are ALLOWING TO HAPPEN by NOT informing JW parents in congregations of WHO is a pedophile or a former or current child molester. So the liability continues to rest on the WT Society giving their robot elders directions to remain " confidential " and there continues to be NO access to information for parents to protect their children from JW molesters ! The WT Society could EASILY instruct elders to inform ALL parents with minor children about pedophiles in their midst- but WT leaders will not do that out of arrogance and $$$ - because then they'd have to expose too much of this going on in their organization. It's ridiculous. A vicious cycle of abuse not just from the abusers- but WT leaders as well

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    To add to flippers comments above - nor will the householders know that a serial abuser is coming to their door offering free home bible studies. We musn't forget these people are set loose on the general public as well.
  • apostrate
    apostrate

Back in the 70's it was common practice in the Kingdom Halls (at least where I attended) that, when a person was being reproved or disfellowshipped, the specifics of his sin were not made known or announced from the platform. However, at the time the announcement was made, there would be a short talk given about the evils of their specific sin (either just before the announcement or directly after).

So all anyone in the audience had to do was put 2 + 2 together to figure out what the perpetrator had done. The talk itself might not go into specifics either, if a brother was guilty of fornication, the accompanying talk might be about loose conduct or sexual immorality.

So, basically, if a young brother admitted to the elders that he pleasured himself, everyone in the Hall could figure it out and know what he did (plus, there's the benefit of the gossip mill). If a parent gave their child a birthday present, everyone in the congregation usually knew what they did.

BUT, if a brother had sex, in any way with a child, all he had to do would be admit to it and promise that he wouldn't do it again, and nobody in the Hall would be the wiser!!

That's messed up!

• flipper
    flipper
    This thread needs to get bumped up just so people can see how messed up this situation is
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

apostrate - "BUT, if a brother had sex, in any way with a child, all he had to do would be admit to it and promise that he wouldn't do it again, and nobody in the Hall would be the wiser!!"

Yup.

They wouldn't even mention it in "local needs" talks, because, deep down, they knew how f**ked-up it was.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, their day is coming, don't doubt it for a minute!

This quote from the OP:

Legal action
    Karen and another Jehovah’s sex attack victim are attempting to sue the institution for what happened. The religion has already paid out millions of dollars in the US after being swamped in scandals.
    “All I ever wanted them to do was say sorry,” Karen said.
    “Why don’t they just apologise? They are supposed to believe in the bible.”
    When articles about her were shared on the internet she was dubbed “an apostate.”

Hubris is a very destructive quality, and the JWS is now finding out what that means. Be strong, tell the TRUTH about your childhood - you may not need/want to sue or prosecute, but make sure that everyone you trust, KNOWS that the JWS is evil!

xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit