You've been missing a lot of meetings, brother Fader....

by SixofNine 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day in the ministry... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah?
    Bob Slydell: Great.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in to the Saturday bookstudy at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta drive around for about an hour before everyone meets for coffee.
    Bob Porter: Da-uh? drive around?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just make "return visits"; but it looks like I'm actually preaching. I do that for most service arrangements, too. I'd say in a given month I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, door-to-door. And even then I don't knock very loud or walk very fast.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I haven't been missing them (yes, I blow them off). I get them right here on this forum--complete with rebuttals against the doctrines.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ok Kudos on office space. I have a red stapler on my desk.

I never got the "you have been missing a lot of meetings" talk when I left bay. Fairfax is so aloof that 6 months of visiting there they would ask if I was visiting the area or interested in studying the bible. After explaining several times that I was a JW they still left me the option of a study.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I have a red stapler on my desk.
    I never got the "you have been missing a lot of meetings" talk when I left bay. Fairfax is so aloof that 6 months of visiting there they would ask if I was visiting the area or interested in studying the bible. After explaining several times that I was a JW they still left me the option of a study.

So you're like a cool version of Milton? You should start living at the kingdom hall, and threaten to burn it down if they try to make you leave. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit