The Secret to Not Hating Your Job...

by daniel-p 33 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Why are you sniffing at work? Is it because you are crying? Maybe you're co-worker doesn't like seeing a grown man cry. Maybe he's afraid you'll get him started.

I used to work in a cube next to a man that was constantly clearing his throat. I started throwing throat logenzes over the cube wall. He thanked me.

Another thing I do when I'm somewhere I don't want to be, is I take notes..not real notes, they usually say something like, "GmTfOoH" Stands for 'get me the f out of here'. Then I draw flowers, and ivy and decorate the letters. Sometimes I use my highlighters to color them in.

Sometimes I send text messages, or make a grocery shopping list. I keep a little note book in my desk, and scrap book the pages with pictures, ideals, or drawings....things I've cut out of the paper or magazines, there's a few fortunes from fortune cookies when I had Chinese take out for lunch.

come on..you can entertain yourself doing something. One day, when I was leaving early, I stood up and announced...in my best Cartman voice, "Screw you guys I'm goin' home."

I am constantly asking my co-workers questions. Not necessarily about work either...just about anything the pops in my mind.

lisa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I enjoy what I do (Advertising) and I enjoy the magazine I do it for. I however do not get along with my boss at all, we don't see eye to eye and many times she makes my life very difficult.

I came to terms with it by realising I'm contracted for x amount of hours a day to do x work. They will get that work out of me and nothing more. I will not take it home, I will not get involved in office politics, I fly waaaaaaaaaaay below the radar, If my boss speaks to me I just go "uh huh" and I take the emotional aspect of it and so far so good.

I'm enjoying my time more now.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I used to work in a cube next to a man that was constantly clearing his throat. I started throwing throat logenzes over the cube wall. He thanked me.

You reminded me of one of my coworkers. He was constantly coming into my office on the pretext of having a conversation, but usually had nothing to say. His eyes betrayed that he was searching, searching, searching until he found what he really wanted. My box of kleenex! Then he'd grab a fucking handfull and run off. He did this regularly, so now I hide my kleenex. It pisses me off that this guy makes about 25K more than me each year yet is too cheap to buy his own fucking kleenex.

Yesterday he came to work hacking, gagging, and horking all over the place. Not enough sense to stay home when he's sick. Now I'm at home sick. I hope it's not the fucking swine flu.

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Why are you sniffing at work? Is it because you are crying? Maybe you're co-worker doesn't like seeing a grown man cry. Maybe he's afraid you'll get him started.

Yeah, cuz I'm crying. Hah, sheesh, no i mean just like ordinary sniffing one does as part of normal olfactory processes. For some reason he get irritated with it and closes the door. A pet peeve I guess, like how I don't like hearing people swallowing fluids... cept I don't go closing doors on people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit