Why Ask Us?

by Georgiegirl 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Look, I'm in the organization and I really WANT it to be true but I have serious doubts and I'm scared to ask in my congregation because I'm scared of the repercussions. There have been many who have done that and they have my respect because they are being honest. It's those that claim to be completely loyal yet ask really obvious questions that I find hypocritical.

+++++ and maybe about 10^32 on top of that.

I have never been so proud of the generally good human qualities of the general population of ex-JWs as what I have observed (i.e. the almost infinite patience) over the past few days in regard to a certain JW apologist poster. And I think we all know exactly who I am talking about.

Simon made a good point about why we should give everyone the benefit of the doubt - and I think that this episode has proven once and for all that we are a pretty kind-hearted group of people.

However, like Yogi Berra once said - it's not over until it's over, but when it's over - it's OVER.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    unless anyone who wakes up, wants to fade and keep contact with their family, I would say, dont even begin to bring your questions to the elders. They will be on your case....watching and listening...

brothers and sisters, hasn't jehovah provided abundantly for all our needs?
    don't we benefit greatly from his loving provisions?
    (thunderous applause)

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Yes, IA, I agree with your full statement - "They would likely not be grilled here on WHY they are here. It is the hypocrisy that irks people."

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

JWoods - I think you are right - I think we are a pretty kind-hearted group of people...it takes some of us less time to reach the end of our patience than others (grins). I too, have been impressed by the restraint shown by most when obvious inconsistencies have been posted. I am willing to help and welcome anyone but after enduring 40 years of hypocrisy, I really hate it when I see it.

• nelly136
    nelly136

they cant ask at the hall because people would wonder why they dont already know.

• JWoods
    JWoods

One other sad fact of JW life is that if someone asked a rather broad-banded or complicated question they would likely get a different answer from each elder they asked.

But each elder would be absolutely certain they were right, and that the questioner had to submit completely to their viewpoint.

Have seen this happen multiple times - sometimes even starting a battle between two judicial committees in neighboring congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit