JWs On FaceBook...

by cognac 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I have a couple of dubs on my FB that don't even know I'm DF'ed...whatever - I remember giving a talk in 2006 - during the local needs part of the service meeting where I specifically addresses social networking sites like MySpace and FB because our PO thought it was important...so funny - I just looked back at the notes from the talk and man...was I an a$$ back then!

• sir82
    sir82
    by going on facebook, you are "exposing yourself for all to see." This let's Satan see our weaknesses,

Satan has a facebook account?

Does this mean I should reject friend requests from B. L. Zebub then?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I mean really - does anyone "at the top" have reasoning ability that exceeds that of, say goldfish?

Assuming Satan exists, and assuming that he is interested in "our weaknesses", isn't it kind of lame to think that he would rely exclusively on Facebook to find out that sort of information? What did he use for the prior few thousand years - sabre-tooth-cat-book?

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I think the message "Facebook = evil" is starting to take hold among the dubs. Last week, my uncle and brother, both avid facebook users deleted their accounts.

What's ironic is more businesses, stores, local organizations, government agencies, and other resources are launching fb pages to get their info out there and fb is becoming more mainstream everyday. It's a sad joke the way a cult can control ppls everyday lives.

Assuming Satan exists, and assuming that he is interested in "our weaknesses", isn't it kind of lame to think that he would rely exclusively on Facebook to find out that sort of information?

Ohhh... Okay.. that explains the friend request I got yesterday from Lou C. Fer.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It seems to me that the borg is failing in getting Dubs off Facebook. While some dubs close their accounts after hearing about it at the assembly, many many more are opening accounts each day. And the teens and tweens aren't going to close theirs (except for the very few who are loons).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit