millenial reign

by ssn587 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ssn587
    ssn587

Have been looking for any other references other than in the book of Revelation of Christ's 1000 year reign. If any exist I haven't been able to find them so either one doesn't exist or I am brain dead over this issue. Any help will be much appreciated. tks in advance.

• wobble
    wobble

Just off the top of my head (where the nits live) I do not think there is another reference to a !,000 year reign, plenty to say He will reign for ever and ever.

Love

Wobble

• ssn587
    ssn587

tks for the info, I like you can't recal either, off the top of my head where nothing resides hair either.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, since Christ started reigning after his ressurection according to Matthew, over 1900 years have gone by so I don't think a 1000 year reign means much anymore.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

If you are premillenial the 1,000 years start at His return

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

His return to where? Heaven? Earth? Florida? New jersey ??

Ok, I know New jersey is a long shot.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Earth

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Catholic view according to the Catholic New American Bible (NAB).

Like other numerical values in this book, the thousand years are not to be taken literally; they symbolize the long period of time between the chaining up of Satan (a symbol for Christ's resurrection victory over death and the forces of evil) and the end of the world. During this time God's people share in the glorious reign of God that is present to them by virtue of their baptismal victory over death and sin; cf Rom 6, 1-8; Jn 5, 24-25; 16, 33; 1 Jn 3,14; Eph 2,1. (NAB, note Rev. 20:1-6)

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-3.html

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

If I can get out of New Jersey, I'm half way home

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, if according to the WT a years is like a day, then 1000 years is realy 1000 days, or if a day is like a year than 1000 years is 365000 years !!

Of course IF 1000 years is just 1000 years then 1914 means nothing...oh my, it boggles the mind !

But since Jesus stated in Matthew that ALL authority in heaven and earth HAD been given to him I guess thatm at least according to Jesus, he was ruling already, maybe he didn't get the memo from the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit