what are your consistant compliments

by Lease 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

ok...so the last one i pay to myself hahaha...hey you didnt qualify it :-p

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I only give compliments when I really mean it. As for receiving compliments - I have a problem in that area - I don't really take them all that seriously, as sometimes the person feels obligated or they want something from me.

In saying that I know I am a great cook - whenever I invite people to come over for a dinner party I hardly have a no - and that is a compliment.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am told that I am fair and reasonable.

• judi8751
    judi8751

I get told nearly every day that I have a beautiful smile & lovely eyes, it always makes my day. The down side is that if am not smiling people think there is something wrong !!

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Isn't good for the spirit to receive compliments! Sure

My daughter said to me, again, when she came visit us on sunday: You are beautiful, mom......how nice, for an over 60......

I also teach cuisine in a school, and everybody likes a lot my cooking, the negative point is, that people refrain to invite us (not only because we are out of the congo) because they think what they will prepare will not be as good as what I prepare!!!!!!

Claudia

• Newborn
    Newborn

I'm being told I'm kind, smart, generous and beautiful

I'm also very generous with giving compliments to others. I think that's so important.

/N

• oompa
    oompa

you make me laugh...........oompa

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

The other day, an older woman stopped me and told me she loved my shoes, and she wished she could wear highheels. Wait, that's probably about the shoes...or maybe my taste in shoes.

My husband says I'm the smartest person he knows...and he knows a lot of people.

On my daughters' MYSPACE page, under heros:...she says, "My Mom"...that's me.

lisa

• Newborn
    Newborn

Oompa!

What's so funny?

• chickpea
    chickpea

oompa is what is funny...
    people are telling him
    "you make me laugh"

i get that too... that i am so funny
    that they say >"you ought to write a book"