Is the kiling of people in war justifiable to you?

by sleepy 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sleepy
    sleepy

How do you feel about the killing of people in war ?Especially those who do not share you ideals and there fore may encroach on your rights if they had authority over you?
    Most of us having been witnesses would have justified opposers of God dying at Armageddon because we believed they if left alive would ruin life for everyone else.
    So if a political party or another nation gained power other you country that acted contrary to your beliefs to such a degree you though they would ruin or life or life style would you kill them in war?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

sure

• blondie
    blondie

I suppose it all depends on whether you are the one being killed or the one killing.

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

war is nothing but legalized murder.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just have a gut feeling that wars cannot be justified - not even Armageddon,the way I feel now, and i always had trouble with the concept.
    The bombing of the Afghans turned my stomach.
    We should not fall for the oldest trick in the politicians book, that opposers are evil and deserve to die. It is funny how later on after the conflict ,some of the worst stories about the "enemy" turn out to have been exagerated

• jelly
    jelly

War is legalized killing not murder; they are two separate words. Anyway some countries attempt to fight wars in a way that minimizes the unavoidable civilian deaths; America is a very good example.

Anyway I would agree that war is horrible and should be avoided whenever possible the real question is when is war avoidable? And what would the consequences be if way is avoided?

Was it moral for Neville Chamberlain to attempt to appease Hitler to buy a temporary peace? Was it immoral for Assad of Syria to destroy Hama killing thousands of innocents to attempt to avert a long and deadlier civil war?

Life is complicated and I don’t believe black and white exists anymore.

Jelly

• larc
    larc

Jelly,

Thank you. War should be avoided, but when the aggressor threatens to destroy you ala, Hitler, Pearl Harbor, 9-11, something has to be done to prevent further destruction of your way of life and your own people. An attack like 9-11 is no different to me, than someone attacking my house and threatening to kill my family.

When someone breaks a window and enters my house, it is not the time to analyze why he came to this point and all the wrongs that had been done to him to prompt him to put my family in harms way. If I have anything to do with it, he is a dead mother fucker.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Lets say that in order to get to the people responsable for wanting harm to you or your nation,you may have to take the chance of killing innocent people?
    Is it then justified?
    What if to keep people from your side safe you use tactics which increase the chance of harm to innocent people on the other side?

• Bang
    Bang

If someone slaps you on the right, turn to them the left as well.
    So by killing to preserve this life, it seems that you don't believe in the next, or indeed the Way to best do things for others.

And not to leave out a 'stab' at the WT -- Even if you don't pick up guns, are you supporting war by taking refuge in and sharing in the resultant peaceful conditions of the winners, the spoils, all sound and serene like - like undisturbed tombs ?

Bang

• larc
    larc

Sleepy,

If someone broke into my house and he had a gun and I had a gun and I shot him first, the bullet might exit his body and kill an inocent person on the street.

I think you are well aware that in all wars, innocent people die. Some warriers try to minimize it, some use civilian deaths to their advantage as Hitler did with his Bliztkrieg. The basic question is, how many of our lives are we willing to loose when war is thrust upon us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit