Did you push the elders too far?

by asilentone 3 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Did you get in trouble for it? I am not talking about Apostasy.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Yes. I did not get in trouble.

I AM talking about apostasy.

I have said it many times before, it's great to have a very compelling reason for them not to DF you.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

bunch of janitors who are power hungry in front of a 100 brainwashed people. so pathetic

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe not what you are talking about, but I avoided trouble because I pushed kind of far.

I resigned as an elder and gave them several WT quotes about how I needed to know and trust the GB in order to be an elder.
    I told them how changing doctrine made me doubt. I gave them a whole letter full of "doubts" that really were no longer doubts.

When the C.O. pissed me off, I told him off. When he wanted me to study with two elders, I told them (after his visit) that there was nothing they could teach me that I couldn't learn on my own, that they only would use a study to gather evidence against me if I didn't get back in line.

I pushed so far that they must have decided to leave me alone. I think the C.O. was afraid of me and the elders were just being cautious and didn't want to get into a judicial matter with me.

They only have power if you give it to them. You don't have to blaspheme and get yourself into trouble, but you don't have to cower to these men either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit