Does your body have a stress reaction?

by Gregor 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gregor
    Gregor

I suppose mine is not uncommon (see below) but I have noticed it again of late and cannot deny the connection to excessively stressful events in my life.

I involuntarily keep my jaw clinched and within a day or so I get a piercing pain in my jaw up by my ear. Anyone have a cure for this? I've even tried a rubber mouth piece but it doesn't stop the clenching. Vodka and xanax seems to help.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Hi Gregor,

Used to get the same pain when I would grind my teeth in my sleep, clench my my jaw with stress. A small piece of gum (sugarless is best) helped me to not clench, exercise also helped, learned some relaxation techniques.

Goshawk

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

If Vodka and xanax make you unclench your jaw, that seems to prove that you need to learn how to relax. Preferrably without depressants.

I have trouble relaxing as well, and get rushed with adrenaline easily. I blame it on my work and where I live. but I know better, that it has more to do with my own thought processes.

So far, the biggest thing that has helped me to reduce my anxiety is exercise or strenuous physical activity, like hiking and being out in the mountains/woods.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

A stress reaction I have is ...I get light headed, start to sweat..then I pass out.

My husband says I grind my teeth at night.

lisa

• restrangled
    restrangled

Gregor,

I always prided myself on a strong stomach/system no matter what was happening. I could be stressed to the max... I had no ulcers, I could eat anything, no headaches....blah, blah, blah....in other words no reaction.

Suddenly last month I was taken down with out warning. At age 50 it all came crashing in. Emergency room, emergency surgery to the tune of $70,000.00.

A hernia in the upper gastric region that went berserk under stress, strangulated and then lesions on the small intestines, which had to be re-sectioned.

So don't think your body isn't paying dearly for stress. Still waters run deep as the saying goes.

r.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Vodka & xanax........

You sure you're not still a JW?

Sorry, Gregor. I have noticed that night-time tooth-grinding kicks in when my stressors increase. Daniel-P's "prescription" works well for me as well.

om

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Generally, stress gives me a "chub"

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I giggle like a school girl. So, if your ever come up on a hairy, ugly, 300 lb. bastard whoopin' the piss outta somebody, it might be me.

sooner

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

I would never whoopin' the piss outta you sooner7nc.

• ninja
    ninja

or it might be my mother in law sooner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit