10/05/09 Morning Worship – David Splane of the Governing Body conducted.

by whereami 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

It wasn't until 2000 (ten years after 1990 when the WTS had a price on each publication) that Nigeria was extended the same courtesy. Do I assume that Nigerian jws had no bibles to use? Rather it was that no NWTs were available.

*** yb01 pp. 18-19 Highlights of the Past Year ***Another factor in reaching more people with the good news has been the simplified literature distribution arrangement. Jehovah has blessed the faith shown by his servants in this matter. The voluntary donation arrangement is explained to people, but no charge is made for the literature. As of January 2000, that arrangement was extended to all lands where it was not already in operation. The Central African Republic branch wrote: "This means that anyone, no matter what his or her financial situation may be, can have the necessary printed material to become a disciple of Christ. This arrangement has been greatly appreciated by both the publishers and the public." Indonesia said: "Accordingly, the brothers looked for those interested in reading our publications more than those who could afford the printing cost."

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    The fact that David Splane is on the Governing Body is proof that @$$-kissing and ¢0¢k-$u¢king is how to climb the corporate ladder in the WTS, and nothing more than that.

GB 2.0 is so rife of politics that it is amazing. Splane strikes me as a possible Lloyd Barry. (there I go with pointless idle gossip about shit that means nothing) By that, I mean a behind the scenes mover and shaker, probably a bit more direct with the GB then he would like to let on.

Regardless of my opinions however, those new GB's are all about applying a great deal of oral sucking pressure to whatever end the GB wanted on that day.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The account says that the brothers usual Sunday meeting STARTED AT 6 AM!!!!!!!

So let me get this right. According to the yearbooks brothers regularly walk for 4 hours to get to the Kingdumb Hell. They get up at 130 am so as to arrive in time to have happy fellowship before the meeting.

What is it I can smell?

I think of the sistah in Africa who had lost her legs. She crawled through crocodile infested swamps, colonies of army ants and thorn bushes to get to the Kingdumb Hell. (even when pregnant)

One fine spring Sunday she got to the Hell only to see the congregation swarming out to go home. She had put her clock BACK instead of forward. She flopped over to start the long crawl home.

However the eldubs rolled her to one side, and counseled her about being punctual to the meetings. Perhaps if she were not so fat, she could crawl faster?? Added to this since obesity is often caused by overeating and drinking, perhaps she should watch her diet.

The eldubs lovingly pointed out that as she could afford to feast and booze, why was there so little money in the contributions box?

And could she possibly wear a longer more modest skirt??

What timely counsel.

A little boy at the meeting had found a roller skate in the jungle on his way that morning. He took pity on her and gave the most valuable thing he had to assist our dear sistah. Now she can scoot to the meetings in under four hours. Jehoobie truly blesses our efforts to attend Christian Meetings.

With tears in my eyes from these two accounts of poverty stricken Africans, I will make my way to the Hell on Sunday with tripping heart and dancing feet.

Like the end of "The Imitation of Life" "I wanna come home!!"

MWAAAAAAAAHH!

HB

• blondie
    blondie

Some African (and other) congregations have all their meetings on one day, BS/TMS/SM/PT/WT, because it is too expensive to travel on 2 days a week, one probably a work day. I remember how jws complained because they had a meeting from 4 to 6 on Sundays because they shared KH with 2 other congregations.

• chickpea
    chickpea

HB

you are deliciously wicked

• besty
    besty

David has some 'splainin to do....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They succeeded in attracting a crowd of miserable and hopeless people. A wealthy, generous, foreign cult would seem very appealing to them on first exposure. But it doesn't make it "the truth". And it doesn't last for most.

I remember all the enthusiasm when the iron curtain fell. It seemed that new sheeples would stream in like crazy from Eastern Europe. Some huge baptisms were held. But that's about it. Now it's rather old history over there as more and more seem to be drifting away.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

My firm conducts business in several African locations. We are successful, not doe to "holy spirit", but rather we know that, there is a "way" to get things done over there.

Idiots could have had it years ago! If they were educated and not waiting for some invisible, nonexistent force, to make the call.

• gubberningbody
  • daniel-p
    daniel-p

Splane is seriously deranged. All it takes is one talk of his to realize the guy is on Planet Zebes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit