Elders and texting

by Iwonder17 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Not sure if this was caught on in your cong or not, but now our service overseers text everyone in their group for their field service time.

Now I understand that texting and email are good tools, I use them everyday. But how impersonal can you be. Espicially when it comes to "life saving work"

I have been inactive from a while now, and I find it interesting that an elder will text me instead of call me now. I have also had elders text me asking to meet with me instead of calling. What a joke !!!!!

• wizardca
    wizardca

Interesting. Could they use that for a judical meeting? Or the 2nd witness? Count your time witlessing via Text! Can you imagine teh time you could collect if you are a slow texter!?!?! Oh how the possiblities are endless!!!

• blondie
    blondie

So do all jws have cellphones with text capabilities?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

"So do all jws have cellphones with text capabilities?"

Only the "materialistic" ones.

• White Dove
    White Dove

What happened to the "Hi, how are you doing this evening? How's the wife? Kids? We're doing alright but the little one has a cold. By the way, do you happen to have your time for the month handy? I have to do the figures for the month. Hey, we should get together for lunch sometime. That'd be great! See ya later. Take care and hug the kids for me." They are so impersonal anymore.

Oh, that last one in the quote was a goof on my part. Sorry.

• blondie
    blondie

So I guess he is stuck calling the others on their landlines...must be a chore.

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.....

I would welcome him and his thinking in my KH!

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Funny how they same to embrace some modern facets of society like texting, which is harmless, and rage against technologies such as the Internet, which is a potential death blow to them........I can see the next Awake issue..

Text Messaging...Will it Survive Paradise on Earth?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is, until they start mentioning the "danger" of texting at the next Big Boasting Session. Already I am hearing talks about this issue (look for them at your a$$embly hell). At which point, they will lump texting along with the other social networks as rendering one "bad associations".

But, I do think they will start hounding for your field circus time slips by regular phone. Those who still use texting might start doing this, as well as those where the hounders know the email addresses of their publishers. They will start spamming in order to get their times in. That is, until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells them no more texting or computer or Internet access.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

We still have to give ours in via filling out the form. :( think a text would be so much easier though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit