Another Trinity Thread

by AwSnap 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jonathan dough
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

No theology is required for salvation. There is nothing in Scripture that tells us to reason about God's nature; quite the reverse, for Scripture says we are to reason about our nature, our condition.

I see a few reasons that the WTS makes a BIG FUSS about this issue of the nature of God.

Firstly, to create a big barrier in order to stop any sheep drifting into any of those satanic Trinitarian churches.

Secondly, they need it to create their "Ransom" doctrine; I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on that.

Thirdly, it manages to demean Christ to a mere human level. Thus JWs won't pray to Jesus Christ, and also it brings him down to the GB as being one of their "Brothers" in the Government. It's a way of controlling Christ, just as the GB controls its followers.

Fourthly, it is a big distraction from their own Theology, as it keeps eyes away from examining what they are saying. They have a big God and little gods; one of these littler gods really only had the nature of an angel, but he stopped being an angel and became just a human, and then he stopped being that human and became a spirit - but he is still one person. They define "God-ness" in terms of "power" and "authority", instead of "nature" and "attributes". They have a vengeful, God who demands work, work, work -- which then does not guarantee the faithful servant will survive.

Are there other reasons that I have omitted?

Doug

• designs
    designs

Doug, the Society for its own self serving and various other reasons of having the Publishers stay publishers never quite got the Book of James.

Be good, do good, look for ways to help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit