if the GB was female....?

by highdose 11 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

just a wandering thought, what kind of religon would the JW's be if the situation was reversed and the GB was all female, only women could hold postions of power in the cong etc....?

Over to you my freinds...

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would probably leave the "truth" earlier, I cannot stand sisters taking the lead over the brothers.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I would probably leave the "truth" earlier, I cannot stand sisters taking the lead over the brothers.

I don't think you'd be the only one leaving earlier. Perhaps this is one of the reasons women aren't allowed to take the lead. I would hope that women would be looking at different models of keeping a community going and this in the present form of leadership would be seen as a threat.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

All KHs would be painted pink.

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Impossible, the GB would not exist. Female-centric organisations are not power-based. Matriarchial societies are are more about power sharing. Female religions are not organised.

Beachwalker

• I quit!
    I quit!

Mary Baker Eddy proved that women can run a cult just as well as men can.

• ninja
    ninja

they would proclaim ... "the time of the month is at hand".......

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

"Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutly." So it doesn't matter which gender controls the JW Governing Body. The problem is the Watchtower power structure which is a dictatorship.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If the G B were female.....they would make sure that the sisters had adequate toilets at the Assemblies...

they would not prevent the sisters wearing trousers (pants) when it was cold

They would never allow an errant husband to be reinstated if he had married a younger woman...

• choosing life
    choosing life

There would be babysitting for all the meetings and I would volunteer to babysit. No speakers allowed in the child area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit