May I just ask one simple ? on 607, apologists, and this board???

by JWoods 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods

Why?

Here we have IIRC more than FOUR separate threads on 607, and of course a remonstration to not be unkind to the apologists.

Why?

607 is of course complete nonsense - not even regular witnesses can remember the "logic" behind it and why it is even mentioned from time to time in their stupid "deep spiritual literature". Some time back this board was so badly infected with this junk by people like the "Scholar" that it was painful to look over all of it and find an intelligent thread to participate in. So - again, I ask:

Why are we now going over and over with this complete idiocy?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

JWoods, i beleive it is complete diocy...buut all this came up to assit a poster whose JW husband is beginning to question the org and is now researching 607BCE. It actually becomes a key point to the orgs claim to authority that could make the house of cards topple.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Agreed in principle, IA - but sometimes when we stubbornly continue to argue over such complete idiocy, we ourselves are placed in danger of being one of the idiots.

One thing I have always wondered about such dubious chronology is - why would such staunch self-proclaimed BIBLE BELIEVERS as the JW need to put so much trust, faith, and worshipful belief in completely Babylonian Secular chronology?

It is almost as if they believe in (their version) of the Sumerian list, the stone tablets, etc...as much or more than the bible itself.

Very strange, when you reflect on it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You are right JWoods. It does almost amount to devoting hours to studying a fable.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear JWWOODS,

I understand your feelings, and believe me it seems this topic will never die. But as long as there are those still in the organization, there will be those looking for help and tring to get their questions answered.

I was one who was scared to venture out to the "apostate" sites for answers. But when I got up the nerve to actually do it, I was blown away by the amount of factual information that was posted here by others. Ones who lovingly helped by posting what may have been old info. to others on this forum at the time, but I was greatful they had not stopped posting. I now had information that would have taken weeks if not months to accumulate. Not only that, but I was able to see ones like Scholar who try and defend the 607 teaching do so MISERABLY! Is showed me that truth prevails, no matter what we personally want it to be, or expect it to be.

Please keep in mind, that though there are your usual posters here, there is a much larger crowd of people who are just reading without ever posting. Many are searching for truth.

When I see someone on here may be helped by what I found was helpful to get my answers, then I feel compeled to help them like so many others helped me.

So please hang in there, and keep in mind this is a critical topic in helping others see the truth about the "truth". It is our goal to help them get out!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• JWoods
    JWoods

Points well taken, Lady Liberty.

Maybe if only one out of one hundred apologists gets a little spark of electricity, the repitition is worth it.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Absolutely!!

The Watchtower took my Grandfather away when he died over the blood issue, and my two living Grandmothers, my brother, in laws, and many many other family members, too many to mention, all because we were labeled "apostate" for having questions over 607!

So it is my goal to help as many as I can escape the destructive cult that it is!

Thank you for understanding!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• scholar
    scholar

JWoods

I have often asked this same very question and it rather baffles me that in spite of all of the evidence from the Bible and secular history people still believe in the nonsense perpetuated by apostates that Jeusalem fell in the impossible dates of either 586 or 657 BCE. Scholar has for many years argued most thoroughly that such such mischief is against Scripture and common sense.

Pleas explain!!!

scholar JW

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

So you consider all who disagree with 607 BCE as apostates is it? Including the various archaelogists and historians?

Bangalore

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Scholar, you have been knocked down on every single debate. Alanf most notably. hahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit