607 Resaerchers may find this tidbit VERY INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Lady Liberty 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

This was a post I made some time ago, but since the JWs are always trying to discredit the dating system of the Babylonians I thought this was VERY interesting.

L.L.

Hello all..

Was watching a awesome program last night called Solar Max on cable. It is a IMAX film about the solar system. They made a comment that I quickly wrote down, "The Babylonians records are so accurate that they use them today to correct computer programs." I thought that was profound, let alone absolutely AMAZING! With such accuracy, could they be 20 years off?? I DON"T THINK SO!!!

If you get a chance watch to see it, do. It is awe inspiring!!

L.L.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Use for computer programs in what way? Mathematics? Sorry, am a little lost..

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

What this really comes dow n to is..the Wt needs 607BCE or they (as though they are not already LOL) indisputably false prophets. They claim they are not false prophets on 1914, since they claim they were right about something happeneing, they just got the details wrongs. LOL (If on 1/1/08 I prophecied a nuclear war to happen in 08 and then declared myself a true prophet on 12/31/08 due to the fact that although I had some incorrect expectations I was awake for some very special events that would happen- the first African American man elected to presidency would that fly???)

If 1914 is wrong it means nothing happened on "God's dates, not man's".

How many would this effect though?? The older generation is small now and the current breed are generally drone-like.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear wantstoleave,

Sorry, I cannot remember how they said they used it, but what impressed me, was the fact that the Babylonian records that were kept were accurate because of the solar eclipse records they used to record events in history.

So I guess my point was, that the Society is trying to convince everyone their date of 607 is correct, though they have no proof for the date they are 20 some years off in the actual records that archeology has proven it to really be. 586/587.

They use lame made up excuses that the Babylonians kept poor records...ect. But this just shows how accurate their records really were, and the events going on in the heavens, such as solar events, were used to pinpoint dates in history, and even correct modern computers. ( If I recall correectly the program never really went into exactly how it was done.)

This coupled with the records the Egyptians kept regarding the Battle of Carchemish (which was between Babylon and the Egyptians just before the destruction of Jerusalem ) verifies and double verifies that the date 607 is absolutley 100% wrong.

Anyhow...I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

P.S. I apologise, I can't spell this morning!!! Still working on my first cup of coffee ......so please pardon my spelling!! LOL!

L.L.

• scholar
    scholar

Lady Liberty

I know that you are a devoted fan of the Babylonians but accurate Babylonian astronomy does equate with accurate Babylonian chronology and history. Babylonian astronomy like other ancient astronomies are subject to ongoing scieintific criticism and the big problem with this astronomy ai that the records of their observations are subject to interpretation. So, it is far wiser and prudent to base one's chronology on the infallible Word of God rather than the science of men.

scholar JW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

or who's fallible interpretation of scripture?

Can we get some info on The Egyptian account of the battle with Babylon?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wt corp is a quisling. Babylon is great.

S

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok Satanus u had to make me google. Traiters?

collaborators

Blah

• avishai
    avishai

Satanus, I find your example of quisling ironic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit