Do you think Jw are animal lovers?

by angel eyes 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

I love animals, all kinds... always have and always will. We had a CO tell us one time from the stage that "Animals have their place, and that PLACE is outside".

At the time, I had two very small dogs that I kept in the house, there was no way I was throwing them outside.

Since I never noticed his "Opinion" in print, I never gave it another thought.

I think a lot of it is just that, opinions... most of which, should be kept to themselves.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

half are animal lovers, the other half are the ones that want to counsel people who are.

we had people making similiar remarks

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040222a/article_02.htm

So prospective pet owners do well to ask themselves these questions: 'Will I be able to give my animal companion proper attention? Will my life-style result in my pet being left unattended for most of the day? Will I have the time to take my pet for walks or play with it? If my dog needs training, am I prepared to provide that training or take it to an obedience school? Will owning a pet take time away from more important activities?'

Another factor to consider is that owning a pet can be costly. A survey of pet owners found that the average annual veterinary cost of keeping a dog in the United States was $196, and of keeping a cat, $104. That, of course, did not include necessary food and other everyday needs. Additionally, in some communities there are registration fees.

basically pets can take up your time that is better spent on the doors, and money that is better spent in the contribution box.

• billie jean
    billie jean

To be a true 'Animal lover' you can't eat them.

• nelly136
    nelly136

my dad was a bit of a forager, gardener and home produce geek. if armageddon had arrived he would have been in his element.

we had a lot of pet rabbits over the years, when the rabbits grew up, he would load them into his wooden box wheelbarrow with a lid and disapear off up the road with them. we had a lot of stringy textured 'chicken' stew or pie shortly after they were 'rehomed'

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE, Dubs and the WTS have total disregard for human life with your murderous policy to allowing your own babies/children to die due withholding life saving medical aid through the blood and organ ban, so they are hardly likely to be animal lovers are they?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I beleive there was a QFR in a WT that an animal may not receive a life-saving blood transfusion either Jookbeard.

• JWoods
    JWoods

You should not have domestic animals now in the critical time of the end. However illogical it may seem, you can have a pet lion or tiger in the new order after they have become vegans again.

It is an interesting question - I knew only a small minority of devoted pet owners among the witnesses. Usually, they were indeed given little counsel sessions on not making too much effort on something which is just vanity in this system of things.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I A LOL shame it's true

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Individually, there are a great many JWs who love animals generally and pets, specifically. Some are even vegan (for various reasons). As an organization, however, it would not be accurate to say they have a "love" for animals. This is because they are VERY concerned with "cleanliness" (as far as the "outside of the cup" and its surroundings are concerned)... and animals are not really conducive to that.

Thus, their admonishment re having the pet "properly" trained, etc. ('cause no self-respecting CO would want to eat in a house where there's a litter box or bit of pet hair, and certainly wouldn't want to have to have his eyesight "violated" by the vision of a pet "accident" (which can occur with new pets, puppies/kittens... and a busy or preoccupied owner).

They certainly don't advocate multiple pets... completely indoor but uncaged/untanked pets... or people having "feelings" for their pets (I remember some WTBTS articles/talks someimte back when the Japanese "friends" were considered to be putting too much store in their dogs...).

Personally, I love my pets: Louie, a 6-pound smooth bronze with black points chihuahua (looks more like the Taco Bell dog than the Taco Bell dog), and Liyah, his 8 lb. 1/4 mini-pinscher daughter... who is an absolutely GORGEOUS dog: a bit larger, very slim, long legs (and thus VERY fast), bronze... with brownish-pink points and exquisitely green eyes. He gets comments because, well, he looks like the Taco Bell dog. She gets them because she's traffic stoppingly pretty. I love them both and they are my "children" (my actual children are grown - a girl, 32 and a boy, 27 - with no children).

If you want to stay in her, dear one, you really should resign yourself to the "portion" of the "kings" she fornicates with... which is scrutinizing and judging you... and what you do and/or don't do... want to do/not do... say.... think... feel... and who and what you LOVE.

That's what happens, though, when you aren't FREE.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit