what would you do different????

by Richie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Richie
    Richie

Suppose you never took the truth, what instead would you have done differently in your life???

Richie :*)

• LB
    LB

One difference in my life is my son wouldn't be married to a needy, lazy manipulative little brat. Am I getting bitter again???

I was only in for a few years, so other than "her" there really wouldn't be much difference in my life. I'm back in the community and my "worldly" friends have welcomed me back with open arms.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• radiolady
    radiolady

I would have gone to college!!! During the time that I came in, they were so hung up on 1975, if you even LOOKED like you wanted to go to college you were branded as an "independant thinker" and "marked" and everything else they could think of to bestow upon your ass! These were the same elders who were supporting their families as engineers and architects. They already went to college and conveniently came into the "truth" AFTER they got their education. They spent their time looking down their noses at everyone else who dared to think they couldn't make a living working at McDonalds! All while trying to support a young family, because you know most of the people who might aspire to go to college were already married at the age of...like 17 or 18. This is a sore spot with me and it just chaps my ass!
    Radiolady

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I didn't have a choice, but I hope my father would have finished college, and used his brilliant mind, as well as honing his soul to be kind, instead of "holy".

ashi

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Would certainly have gone to theatrical school, and might have been one of those "Oh, didn't I see her in..." faces in the movies and on teevee.

Would have money in the bank, dammit!

Might have married the same man; but he was the one that converted me. If I had married him without converting, the cold-shoulder treatment might have pissed him off enough to break free long before he did.

GentlyFeral

"There were cockroaches of course,
    but very clean cockroaches."
    -- Julia Vinograd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit