Bloodguilt

by Lady Lee 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dinah
    dinah
    I cannot believe I put up with this misogynistic bull$h!t for over a quarter of a century.

That's exactly what it was (and still is). They just empower men to be abusers or at the very least assholes.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

Wasn't it in 2005 (maybe 04) we had that huge section in our convention about how bad it was to stumble someone? I remember a particularly uhh complaint filled sister that visisted my grandmother on a weekly basis ran into the house saying something HUGE that would make everything better was going to be announced at the convention. This woman then proceded to say everyone was stumbling her. They next week we had some discussions on "not being stumbled easily". No kidding.

Also AE. When I was a teen they had to have a part on not forcing your wife to give you the marraige due if she was sickly or was not in the mood for good reason [my dad had to give it and he DID NOT want to because he couldn't beleive someone would...I think my mom helped him write it]. That in itself indicates that some brothers were using it to force themselves on their wives. I know a few that did, it does happen in other faiths, but I am pointing out, sadly, witnesses aren't immune to it, and when you are raised to worship jehovah by being obedient to your husband...It becomes a sadder thought to what may have a happened to many women that we just can't and don't know about. That5 part make sthe blood guilty part sad for me.

Yeah it may not be like that openly anymore, but some people still act that way, and it doesn't discount that it happened to some women. Evne one is bad.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was quite surprised to find out HERE that my husband was not alone in playing this trump card to get his sexual needs met coercively. He could twist any scripture to get sex regardless of how I felt or even doctor's orders.

We all know of stories of women watching TV while he is busy doing his business. I often watched TV.

I can't believe I did this but I really wanted to find out how far he would go. I read a book. At one point I was on my back holding the book over my head and continued to read while he was busy.

I don't understand it. But then again I never could understand why men insisted on using women, or children for that matter, for sex instead of really making love with her. These guys will never know what making love is like. I'm very glad I learned the difference later on

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

And dont forget "CONGREGATION BLOOD GUILT"

A recent Kingdumb Misery had a Statement on what to do if a brother has a car accident and kills somebody.

The elduhs have to determine if he was careless, made a mistake whatever, and take appropriate action (ie DF) in order to avoid congregation bloodguilt.

First - bloodguilt is a Mosaic Law concept and is not repeated to Christians. True the Witchtower quotes Paul "Woe is me if I do not declare the good news" (but here he is really saying how miserable he is if he cannot share his faith with others.)

Arent the police trained to determine the cause of the accident? They will charge the person if necessary.

It is RIDICULOUS to claim that if you have a car accident and kill somebody, Jehoobie will have it in for the congo, and kill the babiesand others for YOUR mistake.

If congregation bloodguilt is a bible principle, then what about all those victims of pedophiles and their families "stumbled" from da troof by the WTBTS evil policies? Does this make each congregation where this happened bloodguilty and therefore subject to annihilation??

Does it make the GB bloodguilty, for enforcing these rules?

HB

• dinah
    dinah
    We all know of stories of women watching TV while he is busy doing his business. I often watched TV.

That about broke my heart. If a man saw you for you he would cherish you. Sex would be mutual worship.

Dinah

(of the more blessed than I knew class)

• dgp
    dgp

Marked

• moshe
    moshe

I have tried to use this leading question on JWs-

" does Jehovah punish those who are bloodquilty?" yes "If the WT org was shown to be bloodquilty, over their ban on organ transplants before 1980, would Jehovah punish it?" JW--" Uh, uh, I have to go now. "

• Ding
    Ding

Moshe's question triggers the cult mind block expressed in the primary commandment of the WTBTS: "Thou shalt not think or say anything critical about the organization."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am glad that this old thread was brought back, it gave me the reason to look a little deeper into the WTS' view of the subject. I saw the quote that Scully put up from the '73 WT re husbands/wives... I knew a depressed 'sister' once who had been told that her divorce was really her own fault, although she was the innocent party. I had put this down to clumsy elders at the time, now I see they were following official policy...

The issue of bloodguilt can be far reaching. The WT index led me to this quote under "Disfellowshipping"

WT 06 9/15

Questions From Readers
    What is the congregation’s responsibility if a Christian driving an automobile has an accident that results in the death of others?

The possibility of bloodguilt deserves consideration because the congregation needs to avoid community responsibility for bloodguiltiness. (Deuteronomy 21:1-9; 22:8) A driver who is responsible for a fatal accident may incur bloodguilt if he was careless or deliberately violated one of Caesar’s safety or traffic laws. (Mark 12:14) But there are other factors to consider.....................................................
    So if a Christian is responsible for someone’s death in an accident, the elders should investigate matters to determine if there is a measure of bloodguilt. .................................................The decision of the elders investigating the case should be based on the Scriptures and the clearly established facts—an admission by the driver and/or the testimony of two or three reliable eyewitnesses. (Deuteronomy 17:6; Matthew 18:15, 16) If bloodguilt is established, a judicial committee should be formed. If the committee determines that the bloodguilty person is repentant, he will receive appropriate reproof from the Scriptures and will be restricted as regards privileges in the congregation. He would no longer serve as an elder or a ministerial servant. Other restrictions would also be imposed. And he is accountable to God for his carelessness, neglect, or lack of caution that resulted in the accident and fatality.—Galatians 6:5, 7.
    To illustrate: If weather conditions were bad at the time of the accident, the driver should have exercised greater care. If he was drowsy, he should have stopped and rested until he was no longer sleepy, or he should have had someone else drive.
    Suppose the driver was speeding. If any Christian exceeds the speed limit, this is a failure to render "Caesar’s things to Caesar." It also betrays a disregard for the sacredness of life, for there is the possibility of fatal consequences. (Matthew 22:21) In this regard, consider something further. What kind of example would an elder be setting for the flock if he was careless about Caesar’s traffic regulations or deliberately failed to obey them?—1 Peter 5:3."

So then, if one has an accident resulting in loss of life, a judicial committee decides if you should have been more careful. This is not just extreme cases of blatent disregard but if in bad weather "He should exercised greater care".. NB I have known cases of fatal accidents and the procedure was not followed by the local elders and no investigation or action took place.

But there is more.. The whole world of mankind is said to be guilty before God

WT95 11/95 p 16

"5 Some people have caused human death willfully or through carelessness. Others have taken part in collective killing, perhaps persuaded by religious leaders that this was God’s will. Still others have persecuted and killed servants of God. Even if we have not done such things, though, we share community responsibility for the loss of human life because we did not know God’s law and will. We are like the unintentional manslayer ‘who killed his fellowman without knowing it and who did not hate him formerly.’ (Deuteronomy 19:4) Such individuals ought to implore God for mercy and should run into the antitypical city of refuge. Otherwise they will have a fatal meeting with the Avenger of blood"

Apparently The WTS disputes that a reprisal for "Community bloodguilt " is a warcrime outlawed by the Geneva Convention....If we want to avoid the Antitypical Avenger of Blood we had better get down to that Antitypical Kingdom Hall and go out knocking a few Antitypical Front Doors...

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_13.htm

If we have respect for life, we will keep in mind the need to be safety conscious. We will not be careless and will not take risks just for pleasure or excitement. We will avoid reckless driving and violent or dangerous sports. (Psalm 11:5) God’s law for ancient Israel stated: “In case you build a new house [with a flat roof], you must also make a parapet [or, low wall] for your roof, that you may not place bloodguilt upon your house because someone falling might fall from it.” (Deuteronomy 22:8) In harmony with the principle set out in that law, keep such things as stairs in good condition in your home so that someone does not trip, fall, and get badly hurt. If you own a car, make sure that it is safe to drive. Do not let either your home or your car be a danger to you or to others.

9 What about the life of an animal? That too is sacred to the Creator. God permits the killing of animals to obtain food and clothing or to protect people from danger. (Genesis 3:21; 9:3; Exodus 21:28) However, being cruel to animals or killing them just for sport is wrong and shows utter disregard for the sacredness of life.—Proverbs 12:10.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit