Why I am Glad to Be Here.

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm glad to be here, and glad that you're here also, Ak-Jeff.

Gregor, you made me do this:

Proverbs 15:17 Better a bread crust shared in love
    than a slab of prime rib served in hate. MSG

Sylvia

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thanks snowbird...yup Issaac is getting rather boring with the attacks isnt he.

And ynot isnt an ex jw.....plus!! i dont care who is...i love ALL people.....

Its mixing with apostates that we must be careful of...

• isaacaustin
  • VIII
    VIII

AK-Jeff and Gregor, both great quotes. I am glad to be here also. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and POVs. I really am like reading the personal stories. There are a lot of really good people here.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Better fare hard with good men, than to feast it with bad."

In what way do we "fare hard"? We may not be united in thought, but I have learned more about people on here then I ever did in a lifetime in "The Borg"

Their spiritual food was just theological junk food, anyway

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I don't remember exactly how I stumbled onto this site...probably researching a topic and got directed here. Either way, I am glad...have made a few friends...met 6 or 7 people. Eclectic crew here.

• guyjeff4850
    guyjeff4850

I'm glad to be here too - positively reinforcing! Thanks for the continued love and support, my new friends.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome, GuyJeff!

• Farkel
    Farkel

jeff,

:"Better fare hard with good men, than to feast it with bad." -Thomas Paine

The three people I most frequently quote are Thomas Jefferson, Mark Twain and Thomas Paine, but not in any order.

Jefferson was by far the most erudite of the trio, Paine was a common man who just happened to be brilliant and Twain was the least formally educated of the bunch. AND Twain was the best writer and communicator for we mortals of the bunch, IMNSHO.

When it comes to patriots and heroes for me and my liberty, Jefferson is the man.

When it comes to sensible thinking about morals and ethics and religion for me, it is Thomas Paine.

When is comes to basic human follies, stupidity, insanity and hilarity for me, it is Mark Twain.

If I were forced to live on a desert island for all my days and only had three books to choose for my company, they would be these, "The Pocket Thomas Jefferson", "The Age of Reason", and the "Collected Short Stories of Mark Twain".

"Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God" and "Babylon the Great Has Fallen - God's Kingdom Rules!" wouldn't even be on my long list, let alone my short list. They wouldn't be on my ANY list.

Farkel

• finding my way
    finding my way

I'm happy to be here too :0) It's so great to meet people who have left or are leaving the religion I was raised in. It's a great support to be around those with similar experiences. This site is also a great source of knowledge on false doctrines etc.

Thank you everyone!

p.s. Its mixing with apostates that we must be careful of...

(confused look) I prepared a whole slew of things to say, but reading former threads I know it won't get "through". So, I'll just post the Definition of Apostate.

Apostate-a person who forsakes his religion, cause, party, etc. (see above)

~fmy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit