• badboy
    badboy

any examples?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

ever seen one walking?

• Caedes
    Caedes

Is that apart from wasting huge swathes of their life on a completely pointless activity?

• Phee
    Phee

Well, I'm not sure that it had anything to do with being a pioneer, perhaps just a psycho...

If the householder didn't want to talk and started closing the door, he would place his book bag in the door and continue, usually yelling by this time, at the person. Or he would put his foot in the door. I remember only going to the door ONCE with him, it was enough, and he did it. I walked away completely embarrassed!

Another pioneer in our hall had ticks...like turrets or something, perhaps OCD? I don't know what was wrong with her. She ended up being diagnosed with some mental illness and couldn't stand being in large crowds. I felt sorry for her. Aside from being brainwashed, she was a truly sincere and sweet lady.

One other pioneer had...I dunno what to call it...Well, the story is this; This guy and his Wife were VERY sweet! In fact, I had them over for dinner here last summer. I've known them since I was like 5. Anyways...Him and his Wife cleaned one of the grocery stores after hours, but when he was having a bad day (because he had epilepsy) my parents would go and help his Wife at the store. Well, one time when they went to help, I was at home with this guy alone. We were setting there just talking about my school work and stuff and he got REALLY quiet. What little bit of color he had in his face completely drained. I thought he was about to have a seizure! So I just sat and stared at him waiting...

What happened next both scared the crap outta me and has been burned into my memory to this day...

While I sat there staring at him...it looked like a camera flashed. But 100X brighter. The light was SO bright and it flooded the room so completely, you couldn't see anything but the light. No furniture, no color, no floor. The hair on my neck stood up. It only lasted a second at best, but it felt like 20. Afterwards I asked him what it was...he was dead silent, wouldn't, or couldn't, talk. I stood up and looked outside to see if it was lightning. Not a cloud in the sky, there was no thunder afterwards...if it was lightning, it was REALLY close, we definitly should have heard thunder.

After a minute or two, he finally started speaking, he told me that it happens to him 'all of the time'!!

So I was relating this story to my Brother... I didn't even get to the white light part of the story...and he finished my story for me! It happened with him too when he was with this guy! Don't know what it was...still don't. But I think that qualifies as an 'odd thing' with pioneers...doesn't it? lol

-Phee

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Another pioneer in our hall had ticks...like turrets or something, perhaps OCD?

Err... you might want to edit that out of your post... then look up OCD on wikipedia

As for the flash of light...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Phee said:

While I sat there staring at him...it looked like a camera flashed. But 100X brighter. The light was SO bright and it flooded the room so completely, you couldn't see anything but the light. No furniture, no color, no floor. The hair on my neck stood up. It only lasted a second at best, but it felt like 20. Afterwards I asked him what it was...he was dead silent, wouldn't, or couldn't, talk. I stood up and looked outside to see if it was lightning. Not a cloud in the sky, there was no thunder afterwards...if it was lightning, it was REALLY close, we definitly should have heard thunder.

After a minute or two, he finally started speaking, he told me that it happens to him 'all of the time'!!

That may well be the weirdest thing I have ever read.

• blondie
    blondie

Nothing odder than non-pioneers have done.

• Phee
    Phee

The reason I said OCD is because these 'ticks' of her's were almost rhythmic, like three face ticks, 7 movements in her fingers...stuff like that.

OCD sufferers sometimes have outward actions of their mental rituals. In fact, the two are sometimes intertwined. "28-50% of people with Tourette syndrome have symptoms of OCD." -Quote taken from 'The free dictionary'

Anyways...I was just making a point that there was definitly something wrong and it was the best way I can describe her actions. I'm not a doctor, I didn't personally oversee her diagnosis...so, I'm sorry if you found my diagnostician skills lacking.

Sheesh!

• dinah
    dinah

My dog had ticks, until I got some Frontline for her.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, are CO's wives counted as pioneers? Well, my mother was working with the Circuit Overseer's wife in service one morning. And my mother told me how embarrassed she was when this sister asked the householder what kind of birth control she uses. How was she going to work a presentation around that?

When I was younger and working with the pioneers doing return visits they just kept on going and even ate their lunch in the car to keep their time going. I was so sick at the end of the day. I was quite young and needed a bit of fresh air you know, not scarfing down fast food at the smell of exhaust fumes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit