Ex-Elders Outnumber Elders In My KH; what does that suggest to you?

by Room 215 37 Replies latest jw friends

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

How many Elders are successful outside the religion? Not many.

It would be difficult to give up such recognition if it would lower your position among your peers.

I have noticed most ex-elders are generally more succesful in all aspects of life. This is why stepping down is no big deal and getting reappointed is not a priority.

This is also the reason many elders have issues with their social skills.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The only training they get is how to follow flawed procedures.

Agreed.

Having wanted to be an elder all my life, after a few years straight of it, and then seeing "the worldwide organization", it occurred to me how little the borg even values elders.

Irrespective of the deep stress and limited time elders have, the borg continues to ask elders to do more, esp as the overall number and ratio of elders has precipitously dropped since 1995.

Elders are treated like crap. Letters remind elders to have a positive attitude toward preaching. Really? Has it occurred to them that the negative attitude comes from how stupid the whole thing is? (probably not)

Elders are at the forefront of those who learn about the skeletons in the closet first, typically.

• zarco
    zarco

treadnh20 - it is interesting that most elders are failures in secular matters. If the smart ones continue to step aside, the WTS will be left with a bunch of folks who serve because it is the only authority they will ever have. That is really a dangerous situation, stupid and power hungry is not the best of combinations.

ATJ - I forgot how little the WTS values elders. AlanF told me that one time - when i was a little full of myself - and it was hard for me to accept, but it is certainly true. I know you spent more than your fair share in the field service and in your assignment you probably had some "success", but as you note in the western world, door to door service is probably counterproductive.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

onthewayout.. Does that still apply? That an elder can commit a sin, even adultary and if no-one within the cong know about it he can repent and remain as an elder?

Also does it still remain that it only applys to elders, not pioneers or min servants?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Ex-Elders Outnumber Elders In My KH; what does that suggest to you?

It suggests that burn-out happens... mostly because deep down, many of them know that they are not helping people and it's not gods org...

J

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

sent you a pm onthewayout.

• core
    core

Angel Eyes

Yes - an elder can "get away with it" if no one knows and it was around 2 years or more ago - reasoning being that HS has noit exposed them so must be OK!!

BTW - what planet are you on to see falling elder numbers, mainly due to honest hard working men who sacrificed family duties to serve, finally succumbing to the sheer grinding pressure and standing down - I did 30 years as an elder and it left me exhausted physically and mentally. If Jah was blessing us when we served (or will look after us in the future) where was his care in helping me (thousands of other elders) and our families when we danced to the dictats from the GB - You should ask ex-elders why they stood down - "because that way Jehovah will bless us as a people more" I THINK NOT

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

They're like creatures that eat their own young.

Blondie: HAHAHAHA

What a line! Sad but true. The last BOE I was on I saw some of the most hateful, mean spirited things said about other brothers during a meeting for recommendation. Wow. Dont want to be a part of that anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit