Apologies in advance

by Heartbreaker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Hi HB!

Not much to add other than hello and I wish you well....

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

HB, you need to give both your husband and yourself the gift of time. You're doing great. He's ready to walk away from the practices, which is a start. You've got new friends, you're building a new support system. Good for you! You're allowing your kids to be involved in activities that will build self-esteem and character and provide them with cherished memories. Keep it up. Over time the normalcy of life will wash away lingering attachments for both you and hubby. And the joy your kids are experiencing will be the impetus you need when it comes time to make that final cut.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Thanks bluecanary. I know all things with time will bring healing and peace. More time that passes, the farther away from the stress of expectation to DO and GO and PLEASE people will there be, and with that we will care less when people judge, or find out things we are doing.

After I posted this yesterday I expressed to my husband that I dread family finding out that we are celebrating things with our children etc, and he said that it's still not a DFing offense. I couldn't believe my ears. He really truly believes that we can allow our children birthdays, and even participate with them in it and yet not be DF'd. I think he's crazy. Of course if we really are honest, we would "deserve" being DF'd anyway, but thats not something they'd find out from my kids lol. I just dread the conversation that will ensue when they find out is all.

I really believe my husband and I will be JUST FINE....and the kids are already so much happier. They never ask about the meetings, only occasionally ask about assemblies (don't you know, that was an exciting time for kids in the "truth") and hardly mention the family we have preemptively shunned by not speaking with them. They are happier kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit