Does Hidden Condoms = Judicial Committee?

by wouldacouldashoulda 10 Replies latest jw friends

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Too cut a long story short I left the truth and my wife left me after asking her for a divorce.

A few days later I found a packet of condoms (one was missing) hidden in her possessions. If I presented this to her local body of elders would they consider judicial action?

Cheers

w

• asilentone
    asilentone

no, they need 2 witnesses, she would have to confess immorality before the elders start the JC.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

If your out and intend to stay out and don't need a scriptual divorce....what's the point?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I can get how you feel at the revelation she was cheating on you but if you're divorced - a divorce you asked for - why waste your time and energy causing trouble for your ex? Move on.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

The 2 witness rule would stand I think but if you're still 'in', then you could always ask one of the elders. If nothing else, then at least they know potentially what she's been up to. She could always say they were yours and hers from when you were married, and it was left behind by accident when you divorced.

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Naturally the condoms are not mine. Would the elders ask her for an explanation?

Is there any way my wife can have hidden condoms and not committed adultery in your opinions?

Cheers

w

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

They may, but, how long ago did this happen? They may not get involved if too much time has passed. Seeing as you asked, in my opinion, hidden condoms with one missing...well, it's a bit sheepish.

• nelly136
    nelly136

3 pack or 12, either way if theres only one missing theres not much action going on.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

You're looking for an answer non of us can give you.

Perhaps the best is to let it lie - you asked for a divorce and she's left. No need to go digging. Besides the truth will eventually surface - it usually does.

Besides that means you'll have to go to the elders and they may think that you're being all apostate and trying to frame your wife. If she is still in the faith they may just rally around her and she can deny it.....

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    3 pack or 12, either way if theres only one missing theres not much action going on.

You're assuming this was the first pack.

Would probably at least lead to a confrontation, perhaps a JC where they try to pressure the story out of her. A "conviction" may not be possible unless there are 2 witnesses or this was common knowledge in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit