1914 only mentioned ONCE in new book! Can anyone confirm this?

by nicolaou 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

In the new release, 'Bearing Thorough Witness About Gods Kingdom' I could only find a single reference to 1914 on page 31. This is it;

"Each year, hundreds of thousands accept this offer and become baptized disciples of Christ. Indeed, we are living at the time of the "restoration of all things" referred to by Peter. In fulfillment of the word "God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time." the Kingdom was established in heaven in the year 1914. (Acts 3:21; Ps. 110:l-3; Dan. 4:16. 17) Shortly thereafter, Christ began overseeing a spiritual restoration work on earth. As a result, millions have been brought into a spiritual paradise, becoming subjects of God's Kingdom."

Is that it? Really?

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Nicolaou,

It won’t be long before 1914 isn’t mentioned at all, and a whole new generation of witlesses will not even know what all the fuss was about! I am sure that with time, the new CD roms will delete a lot of the incorrect prophecies and dates so that any newbie investigating the org will not be able to verify what we nasties tell them. Thank goodness for hardbound copies.....

Cheers, Mattieu.

• VM44
    VM44

In fulfillment of the word "God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time." the Kingdom was established in heaven in the year 1914. (Acts 3:21; Ps. 110:l-3; Dan. 4:16. 17)

There must be a mistake! I don't see mention of the year 1914 in any of the referenced scriptures!

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

In fulfillment of the word "God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time." the Kingdom was established in heaven in the year 1914. (Acts 3:21; Ps. 110:l-3; Dan. 4:16. 17)

There must be a mistake! I don't see mention of the year 1914 in any of the referenced scriptures!

VM44: Thats why brothers have prepared an important announcemnent for the next WT:

"Recently it was discovered, that some of the bible writers did forget to include serious information about the important year 1914 in their books. How happy we are, that GB have decided to include this vital information in next version of the New Worlds Translation! It is another and clear evidence, that Jehovah uses the Governing Body as his channel of communication in our day!"

Albert

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Wow one referance? That sounds like a complete turn around. How soon before no mention?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

1914 will become the same as 1975 - it never happend - the jws never said that the end was near...

• yknot
    yknot

My guess is soon ! If they don't then some will start to whisper about 2014 and before you know it all those who joined before the 1990s will be in a frenzy. The best defense is a great offense.....

As much as I have hated this 'hardliner' crap from Teddie J......

I think it has finally caused the WTS to consider full corporatization versus allowing a single nutcase and his buddies to run the asylum.

Younger GB have too much to lose as many will still be alive in 2034/35 and don't wanna end up like some Special Pioneers they know.....

• yknot
    yknot

I don't think they can altogether do away with 1914 because without it there is no temple inspection and appointment......

So they will probably bury it and over time assert authority but never really state why or how it will just be a given.....

• wobble
    wobble

LOL at Albert Einstein ! Of course those evil Apostates who took the name Jehovah out of the N.T around the end of the 1st. century took out all reference to 1914 at the same time! How pleased jehovah will be when his faithful slave "restores " them !

I think Yknot is spot on,for a long time they have made reference to 1914 without any proof, in the "Bible ..Teach" book the "proof" (laugh !) is in the appendix, and I think that is the last time they published proof, of course they have never given any proof for their claim of being chosen by Jesus in 1919 coz they haven't got any, and never had any, it is a case of "we are the F.D.Slave coz we say so."

It is down to us to point this out to Dubs at every opportunity so that the G.B do not get away with their usual obfuscation, by means of "Smoke and Mirrors"

Love

Wobble

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I don't think you should make too much out of it, it depends on what the book is about. It ain't mentioned in the present book study book either, but that is because the subjecta are other things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit