The Watchtower Society owns businesses?

by garyneal 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How can they demand that others make sacrifices when they do not give up their assets in a company that makes missile components.

Because that's how dictatorships work.

-Sab

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Fascinating stuff - now I know what to invest in - God's right hand is behind it, right? A can't lose proposition unless God backs their investment ideas the same way He does their prophesy!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

found this on the U.S. Securities Exchange website. Why would the SEC lie?

Anyways I do not see a reason for the SEC to lie. And if it is a mistake then the SEC should be notified that REGI INC has filed a false Annual Report! http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/922330/000106299302000371/form10k.txt

I scanned the document and I was unable to locate where the WTS is involved with this company. Can someone give me a page # to refer to?

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Where does it say in the document that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society owns stock in the company? I saved it as a .pdf and searched it and did not see a single blip that mentioned who its major stock-holders were.

Anyone?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ had their name taken off the Rand Cam Stock a while ago..

It was on it for years,I had stock in Rand Cam too..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Proof? This would be a huge deal for me if I could find written proof.

I'm putting together a binder of information and I'd like to include it.

Otherwise...I'll just have to beleive it's bullshit. (Not that I would put it past them, but it doesn't have a leg to stand on without written proof.)

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

I found this in 30 seconds using search. I could not find how this company is involved in warmaking. They own the patents on a new type of rotary engine. I could find nothing that says that they make any products involved in war fighting.

"Rand Cam Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly
    owned 50% by The Watchtower Society, a religious organization, 34% by James
    McCann and the balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated
    that he donated the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization
    but has retained a voting proxy for those shares. Accordingly, in Notes (3) and
    (4) above, beneficial ownership of the 5,073,200 shares registered in the name
    of Rand Energy Group Inc. has been attributed to The Watchtower Society and Mr.
    McCann. We believe it would be misleading and not provide clear disclosure to
    list as beneficial owners in the table the other entities and persons discussed
    in this paragraph, although a strict reading of Rule 13d-3 under the Securities
    Exchange Act of 1934 might require each such entity and person to be listed in
    the beneficial ownership table."

"We are controlled by Rand Energy Group Inc., a privately held British Columbia
    corporation ("RAND"), which, in turn, is controlled 51% by Reg Technologies
    Inc., a publicly held British Columbia corporation ("Reg Tech") and 49% by Rand
    Cam Engine Corp. SMR Investment Ltd., a British Columbia corporation, holds a
    controlling interest in Reg Technologies Inc. Since May 1977 Mr. Robertson has
    been President and a member of the Board of Directors of SMR Investments Ltd.
    Susanne M. Robertson, Mr. Robertson's wife, owns SMR Investment Ltd. Rand Cam
    Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly owned 50% by
    The Watchtower Society, a religious organization, 34% by James McCann and the
    balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated that he donated
    the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization but has retained
    a voting proxy for those shares."

Name Class A Shares Owned Percentage of Class A Shares Owned

John G. Robertson, Chairman of the Board 5,781,350 51.22%
    of Directors, President and Director
    The Watchtower Society 5,073,200 44.94%
    James McCann (4) 5,073,200 44.94%
    Rand Energy Group Inc. (5) 5,073,200 44.94%
    Jennifer Lorette, Vice President and Director 85,500 *
    (6)
    James Vandeberg, Chief Operating Officer 76,000 *
    and Director (7)
    Patrick Badgley, Vice President, Research 75,000 *
    and Development and Director (8)

ALL EXECUTIVE OFFICERS & 6,017,850 53.31%
    DIRECTORS AS A GROUP (FOUR
    INDIVIDUALS) (9)
  • sabastious
    sabastious

lol, lifeisgood, I was just going through the same document and clicked on this thread to ask that same question.

How do we know that the Watchtower is supporting war technology? Do we have to further down the rabbit hole? Has anyone taken the steps to prove that their stock in Rand Cam Engine Corp. makes them a supporter of war technology?

-Sab

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Has anyone taken the steps to prove that their stock in Rand Cam Engine Corp. makes them a supporter of war technology?....-Sab

I also owned Rand Cam Stocks at one time..It was a Gag gift..

Gift or not,I still made money on that stock..

I profited from War..

Period..

The WBT$ has no Defence..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Well if you read all the details in that first post you will discover this outfit is involved with Cold Fusion Technology and a little research about how cold fusion can be used would reveal it is pretty popular stuff in the military technology area - but that amounts to a "guilt by association" type connection - not direct in itself. Just like Atomic Energy could have been used for good purposes only - not just for bombs - but do we then blame Eiststein for mass murder of the Japanese in World War II? Or maybe even God Himself for creating the elements used for gunpowder?

Nevertheless what supports military technology is smart investing - business sense - because warfare never ceases. It is a "sure-fire" bet (just to have a little fun with puns.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit