Recent Belgium TV expose' about JWs on YouTube. Need a French translator to tell us basically what was said

by AndersonsInfo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

Hello Narkissos !

You write : "What is possibly a bit misleading is the mix of old and new policies on the child abuse issue. For instance I doubt the reference to confession secret or clergy confidentiality in the 95 letter to the BOE is still valid in view of the evolution of European legislation, and that this letter reflects current WT policy in Belgium (as some participants in the TV program post here they may tell us more)."

The journalists went to the Belgian Bethel with a copy of this famous letter (this document is also available on my website).

They met some members of the Branch committee (among them my nice cousin Marcel Gillet - see picture 6 above and its subtitle). They promised to send to the producers some documents proving that this letter was outdated.

Unfortunately, they provided a bunch of brochures and magazines, but nothing at all proving that their internal instructions of 1995 are modified.

Tis is the very reason why the document is included in the RTBF reporting.

Jacques

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

Sorry ... It is the very reason ...

Strange that a post may not be edited after 30 minutes

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

could you provide a link to your website Motema Bolingo?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thanks Gerard!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Bonsoir Jacques :)

The only way they could prove that this confidential letter is outdated is by publishing (and authenticating!) later confidential documents explicitly overruling it. I doubt they would go out of their way to do that except in court.

Now if I am right in my assumption that this letter is based on outdated Belgian law (you didn't answer that question), it is quite likely that they have adapted to the current legal setting in the meantime as they did in France, i.e. that report of even alleged child abuse to the secular authorities is now the norm. I understand that WT opposers cannot be expected to point that out, but it was the reporters' responsibility to make sure of the current policy or at least echo the WT statements about it (I don't think they did, but perhaps I missed it).

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

later confidential documents explicitly overruling it.

Of course they never did, but still I believe my father once told me that the 95 letter had been withdrawn from the instructions to elders.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It may be "nothing new," but it's being publicized!!!

We don't need "new" dirt on the WTS, we just need it to get out there...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In France (or Belguim), do the elders make the report anonymously from an phone booth (so as not to implicate the congregation) (i.e. the same mode of operation as done in the US?)

If so, arguing that the Watchtower "reports" is not really the whole truth, is it? They do a half-ass job at it, so as to not really help the police with the investigation or prosecution.

Skeeter

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

For GOSHAWK

Link to my website :

http://www.aggelia.be

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest