I met someone born in 1914

by badboy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

He asked to guess how old he was, I said 75,no,he said, I then said 60,he than said 95.

looked healthy,still had hair

his wife sadly died 27 years ago.

• ninja
    ninja

how do you know she died sadly?.....she might have been quite happy about it

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Do you have positive proof.....checked his license? Still time? The 1914 generation has not passed away and will not pass away before the end comes. As the years rolled on I used to think that they would point to some small village in the Himalayans where there are many centenarians to support their claim. Instead they changed the definition of generation ....tricky bastards

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Did you meet him on the ski slopes or were you visiting a nursing home?
    Was he getting around alright?

Someone keeps tabs on approximate number of people over 100. It's not as slim as you might think, but it gets there.
    The next category above that- over 105 is virtually vacant.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I was young I wondered how they knew the generation born on or before 1914 would 'not pass away' but as a child you don't usually question adults. I thought it was so cool we'd have this wonderful paradise Earth to live on any day now. But then I grew up... as we all do.

No one born on or before 1914 in my family is alive today. And, most born in the 1920s have now died too. I wonder how many of this man's friends and family are still alive. What I think sucks huge for the JWs is that anyone with family that aren't JWs and will never be JWs believe they will never have this family with them 'in the new system'. I think it's one of the things that depressed the he!! out of my mother. None of her children will be with her forever and ever. What a crappy hope.

• badboy
    badboy

He pointed out his house to me,he had a stick,but was worried because he thought i was having walking,i told him i had bunions.

• Farkel
    Farkel

badboy,

There is a restaurant in the small town where my father and ancestors grew up called the "Bluebird Cafe." It has a prominent sign that says "Since 1914." I remember seeing it as a young boy, and saw it just a few years ago, too.

Each time I see it, I think to myself "my grandfather walked by this restaurant when he was 15 years old!" He died at the age of 76 in 1975 and that was 34 years ago. His son, my dad, died in 2001 at the age of 77 years. I'm 61 years old and am a grandfather myself.

The 1914 "this generation" is gone, but the "Bluebird" is alive and still operating!

Farkel

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Farkel, wait a minute, I don't remember reading about the Bluebird Cafe in Revelation. Hey, maybe I did. It says something about the birds eating all the people. Maybe its a misprint and it really said that all the survivors would eat at the Bluebird! W.Once

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• ninja
    ninja

stephen hawking talking to a 95 year old about bunions?......I'd pay good money to see that show

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit