Young JW sisters in a hurry

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

asilentone

All active, paid-up, card-carrying JWs have to toe the party line in all things - or else.

Marriage in JW land is officially the only approved way to enjoy a sexual relationship. That may lead to the birth of a child - normally, seen as a milestone, happy event. Often, though, not in JW land!

This is why so many JW believers lives have been totally ruined with the indoctrination on JW marriage rules. I know that many JWs marry only to have 'approved sex'. What they might then find out might make them discover that they shouldn't have bothered. The wait wasn't worthwhile. Often, they then find themselves stuck in a nasty marriage, with absolutely no way out to stay loyal to the cult. It usually goes down-hill after that.

Surely, there is a better, more informed way? People are far more moral than the men in the GB care to acknowledge.

lifelong humanist

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

How do you keep a Hottie witness girl from having passionate sex?

You marry her.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

I wasn't raised as a JW but was dumb and believed it was the truth from a JW friend. I fell in love with a boy who was kinda raised in it, he wasn't baptized at the time. I was 18 when I got married to him and 19 when I got baptized, and he was 22. I was persuaded not to marry him because he wasn't spiritual enough from my friend and the elders at the k.hall. I didn't care what they said. We only attended the k.hall for 5 years and now have zero part of it and we are still happily married and more in love then ever. I remember an elder that told us he never sees a couple who gets married before getting baptized succeeding in their marriage. Our marriage over powered the witness cult, haha. My 'friend' still isn't married because she will only marry someone with a dumb title like elder or c.o. She'll be 30 before she knows it and still living with mommy and daddy because of false ideals her parents and witnesses have given to her. We married for love, not for prominence. Love Never Fails.

• JWoods
    JWoods

There was also a pressure to marry and have a baby ASAP back in the Vietnam Draft era - this was a way to avoid selective service for many.

• Mum
    Mum

I have been reading Stories of Hawaii by Jack London (a great writer and a great read). In one of the stories, he refers to the very young marriages of Chinese peasants because there is nothing else for them. Back in the days when education was not available, when life spans were shorter, when work was back breaking, things were different.

What a pity that young JW's are not encouraged to develop themselves, get an education, travel and meet new people, and find who they really are. Only then is one ready for a relationship to last a lifetime.

I was a young JW once. At age 22, I married a 31-year-old elder. When I realized that becoming a JW (at age 15, convert) had not made me a better person, it was necessary, for mental health and, possibly, survival, to leave my husband and the borg simultaneously.

Subsequently, I married a man (an ex-JW friend introduced us) I loved dearly and still do. He could not handle having my daughter and granddaughter around because he was, and (I believe) still is, an alcoholic. He is an intelligent, articulate, amazing person, but I cannot live with him. So sad.

Regards,

SandraC

• Open mind
    Open mind

In Northern California there seems to be a little difference between Urban and Suburban or Semi-rural areas. In the urban areas, it's very common for JWs to still go to college and wait until their mid-to-late 20s before tying the knot. I guess, in the meantime, the guys have to "tie a knot" in something else too.

In rural areas teen marriages are still the norm, IMO.

om

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

The ones I used to know, most of them are out and the other half the brother left the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit