EX-JW gets major book deal (w/Grand Central - the folk who pubbed Twilight)

by jesussaves 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

It has taken many, many years to write this book. I got a book deal in 2003, and published 7 other books before I could finish this story - because it brought up too many wounds that haven't healed. After my last memorial in 2000, I knew I'd never walk into another Kingdom Hall unless somebody died. The elder said this in his prayer, "Jehovah, we pray that you guard us against independent thinking".

Anyhoo....I hope y'all support me in this endeavor, just as you supported me directly or indirectly on this website telling your stories.

The book is called "In the Midst of It All", and it's description is on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446195162/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1HT44057CM1EHTEZQ9HK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Product DescriptionAll her life, Zenovia has struggled with the burden of caring for her schizophrenic mother, Audrey, alone. Until one day, God seems to offer support in the form of two members of a church called the Brethren of the Sacrifice, who knock at the women's door preaching an unconventional version of the Gospel. Despite having questions, Zenovia agrees to join the church along with her mother. Soon afterward, Audrey stops taking her medication when fellow churchgoers deem her illness a demonic possession. Unable to watch her mother's mental deterioration, Zenovia flees town, only to receive a fateful phone call several years later telling her of her mother's suicide. Heartbroken, Zenovia must now make a soul-altering choice: accept "God's will," or return home to confront the demons she's worked so hard to leave behind....

Or my publisher's website here:

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/books_9780446195164_Description.htm

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Congratulations on finishing your book. It sounds great, i will definitley be purchasing a copy and look forward to reading it

BorgHater x

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Thank u much BorgHater! I appreciate you :)

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Very jealous, but jealous in a good way. I'm very happy for you.

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Are you a writer, Tuesday? What do you write? Don't be jealous ! There's enough book deals for all!

• dissed
    dissed

I'm impressed. Are we in the credits? jk

Good luck with the release. Will be sure to check it out.

• purplesofa
  • I quit!
    I quit!

It looks like you have been doing a little independent thinking since leaving the WT. Talk about an Orwellian prayer. Anyway I think my sister would like your books if she doesn't read them already(she reads a lot of Christian fiction). I'm going to order a couple of your books for her as part of her Christmas present. Your new one sounds like one I might enjoy reading. I think it is great what you are doing.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Congratulations. I know how hard it is to get published. I've been trying for awhile. Check your PM.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Congratulations!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit