sad elder's wives and kids

by wheelwithinwheel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

After sharing their husbands and fathers with the congregation pretty well every night and weekend during the year ... finally the pagan holidays promise a bit of family time for elder’s wives and children ... so what does the WTS do? Organize an elders course, naturally! Wouldn’t want these guys to have some family time, would we now?

Then we hear about how sad it is to lose elders who have children under reproof.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Wheel,

If some their wives are crancky and their kids are idiots, then who want to be with them?

• Lollylou
    Lollylou

I was an elder's wife for over 20 years, and believe me it contributed greatly to the breakup of my marriage. After every meeting there were elder's meetings on top of the regular meeting. Our kids (3) were completely done in by the end of it. And naturally Mom had to handle it all because you weren't being "theocratic" if you went home without your husband, or if you got him to help during meetings, because then he couldn't pay attention. And our poor children - goading them into answering, making them sit up straight, don't talk, don't squirm, pay attention, follow in the publication, and oh my gosh if they drew something instead of listening-Wham!
    YECH! What I wouldn't give to be able to live those years over!
    The WTS only thinks of putting the org first and families second.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Lollylou,

I wander who cranky today?

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Cranky ;)
    call it cranky but if the 'elders' can't fullfil their duties at home they shouldn't be elders.
    Elders/deacons/whatever should be selected based on how they take care of their famlily as head of the household according to the New Testament.
    But Jws never cared about sticking to the Bible before so why start now :-o

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Adonai438,

Don't worry about the elders and servants. Just worry about yourself.

• Latte
    Latte

Lollylou,

Hello.....and Welcome!

It's certainly true that the society puts families second and their own interests first. I wholly agree with your comments, and wish you well in the freedom which you have now.

Latte

• Latte
    Latte

Fredd,

Clearly you 'ave no children.....so you not in a position to comment.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Wheel,

I posted a similar comment on the thread about elder's schools.

One thing that a CO told a meeting of elders and MS was that they should put themselves first, their families second and the congregation third. In other words he was saying that if any were affected spritually or physically by their assignments they should quit for their own sake or the sake of their families. A lot have done just that me included.

Thirdson

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Phoned my parents to propose a visit this weekend but it won’t be convenient - Dad is off to elder school - He’s 82

Lollylou: know where you're coming from as an elder's kid and elder's wife's husband

To Freddy : my suspicions are confirmed, now I know you're a neglected and unsupervised elder’s child, but we love you !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit